+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding PR application for spouse

RT

May 8, 2007
Hi!

I have a Canadian PR visa and intend to study in USA on F-1 visa. I plan to live in Windsor (Canada) and commute daily to my school in USA. I had some questions regarding living in Canada and studying in USA:

1. Is it possible to study full-time in US on F1 visa and live in Canada on PR visa. Are there any legal/visa/practical considerations that I should know?

2. I am planning to apply (sponsor) for PR visa for my wife. Is there any requirement of minimum period of physical residence in Canada before I can apply for my wife's PR visa? I will be a full-time student and will have no income in Canada and USA. Since I would be a student, I will not be able to show any income or proof of financial status. I would be submitting my proof of residence, bank account info etc. for my wife's application. Will these documents suffice for my spouse's PR application? What other documents would be helpful to show residence and intent of permanent stay in Canada?

3. What is the normal processing time for spouse's PR visa application if it is applied in USA? Is there any way to expedite the visa processing?

Thank you for your help!
RT.