+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question regarding police clearance and extension for applying

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I received an ITA in this draw. I have my most of the documents ready but recently my situation changed. I am in USA at present on company long term assignment. I applied for FBI US police clearance and I received it on first week of September. But my assignment is ending in the last week of september and I will be leaving for my home country permanently. I am waiting on some documents which will be only available to me by the end of October, hence I will be in my home country. Now my FBI police clerance does not hold good as it is not issued after I left the country (which is as per the instructions on CIC website). New police clerance certificate takes about 12-13 weeks (mine previous one took exact 13 weeks) hence it wont be available within 60 days.

My question is do CIC provide extension for submission. ITA letter that I received states that we donot provide extensions but at the end it is written that if you are not able to submit all the documents and do not have a valid reason your application will be rejected. Does this mean that if valid reason is given do they provide extension?

Does anyone know of any case where application timeline was extended.

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Varun Katiyar

exp7

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
there is no extension on ITA

do you have proof that you applied for police certificate? if so attach it and upload an explanation letter.
they may ask for that document later...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can submit your application BEFORE you leave for your home country, your FBI PCC will be valid. But you will have to submit other required PCCs for all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more in a row (this includes your home country as well).

If you cannot arrange for these documents within 60 days AND you have a sufficiently high score to get another ITA in the near future, you can consider
refusing this ITA.

If you do not have a sufficiently high score, you could consider uploading whatever documents you have at present along with a politely drafted LOE explaining your inability to provide the PCC at this point in time and submitting evidence of having applied for the required document(s) and hope for the best.

All the best!

SN11

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-10-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
I have a question here for my PCC. I was in Oman for 2 years. I recently obtained a PCC from there. CIC website says for Oman you do not need to upload the PCC with your PR application. Instead upload a letter saying I'm applying from a country which requires a letter from CIC to obtain PCC. Which actually isn't the case. I am not applying from Oman, I am already in Canada. And Oman doesn't need a CIC letter to issue PCC. If I don't upload the PCC my case may get rejected without justification for incomplete documents. And if I do apply I'm not sure what will be the outcome. Please advice.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SN11 said:
I have a question here for my PCC. I was in Oman for 2 years. I recently obtained a PCC from there. CIC website says for Oman you do not need to upload the PCC with your PR application. Instead upload a letter saying I'm applying from a country which requires a letter from CIC to obtain PCC. Which actually isn't the case. I am not applying from Oman, I am already in Canada. And Oman doesn't need a CIC letter to issue PCC. If I don't upload the PCC my case may get rejected without justification for incomplete documents. And if I do apply I'm not sure what will be the outcome. Please advice.
CIC explicitly states that a PCC from Oman is NOT necessary when you apply under EE and that they might ask you to get it later. I see no harm in uploading the PCC you have along with a short LOE wherein you can explain that you already have it in place and also mention that you've never been to Oman since getting this PCC and leave the rest to CIC's discretion.

All the best!

Source ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/oman.asp

SN11

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-10-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
Thank you, I was thinking on the same lines. Instead of uploading it with India PCC, I will upload a letter stating I'm applying from within Canada and not from Oman and attach the PCC to it. Rather than not disclosing about the PCC which will anyway have an issue date on it.

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
exp7 said:
there is no extension on ITA

do you have proof that you applied for police certificate? if so attach it and upload an explanation letter.
they may ask for that document later...

No, there is no such proof that I have applied for police clearance. We just need to send our fingerprints with form to FBI. May be I will reject this ITA.

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
If you can submit your application BEFORE you leave for your home country, your FBI PCC will be valid. But you will have to submit other required PCCs for all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more in a row (this includes your home country as well).

If you cannot arrange for these documents within 60 days AND you have a sufficiently high score to get another ITA in the near future, you can consider
refusing this ITA.

If you do not have a sufficiently high score, you could consider uploading whatever documents you have at present along with a politely drafted LOE explaining your inability to provide the PCC at this point in time and submitting evidence of having applied for the required document(s) and hope for the best.

All the best!
Thank you for your reply.

I will not be able to submit my application before I leave.
My current score is 450 but have not entered ECA for my wife which will make my score 460, it is border line and am not sure that I can get new ITA later.
There is no such proof that I have applied for police clearance. We just need to send our fingerprints with form to FBI.

Feeling sad as I was waiting for this ITA and not getting it, now I have ITA but not able to apply to it.

SN11

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-10-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
Instead of rejecting the ITA, try uploading a letter of explanation as CIC website does say that for certain countriea PCC takes longer. Upload that firm as well that you sent to FBI. No harm in trying, at the most you may get rejected for which your anyway prepared.