+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding Personal History section

jiki007

Mar 24, 2023
Hi, I got a question while filling out my personal history.
During my master's study (2020-2021) there was a time when I studied in my country and also moved cities a few times after coming back to Canada.
In this situation, how can I state the city/town in my personal history?

Option A.
State where the university was located. Don't divide it into each semester.
ex. Full-time Student / Montreal

Option B.
State the city I studied in each semester.
Full-time Student (First Semester) - Montreal
Full-time Student (Second Semester) - My country
Full-time Student (Third Semester) - Montreal
Full-time Student (Last Semester) - Ottawa

From the first semester, it became remote due to the pandemic. If anyone has a similar experience as mine, could you please share your opinion? Thank you.

May 13, 2024
Hi, I got a question while filling out my personal history.
During my master's study (2020-2021) there was a time when I studied in my country and also moved cities a few times after coming back to Canada.
In this situation, how can I state the city/town in my personal history?

Option A.
State where the university was located. Don't divide it into each semester.
ex. Full-time Student / Montreal

Option B.
State the city I studied in each semester.
Full-time Student (First Semester) - Montreal
Full-time Student (Second Semester) - My country
Full-time Student (Third Semester) - Montreal
Full-time Student (Last Semester) - Ottawa

From the first semester, it became remote due to the pandemic. If anyone has a similar experience as mine, could you please share your opinion? Thank you.
Hey OP, what did you end up doing? I am currently in the same situation. Concerned about data presentation in personal history due to foreign remote work, online study, and part time work during study after landing in Canada. Is it a good idea to split the study and work years? For example, my study period is from may 2021 to Dec 2022 but not all the activity happened at one place. 2021 was remote study from home country and the following year continued in canada. Similarly during 2020, in my home countrt, half the year I was working on site and the other half remotely from home. How do you all suggest to present this information in this table? Is it ok if I split the years/months based on the activity type (in-person and remote) for both study and work?

I did mention everything correctly in my address history without any gaps though. I also drafted a letter of explanation for all of this. My only issue is how should I present this data in personal history table? Please suggest.
Thanks in advance.

Alisson

May 23, 2024
Same situation i faced in 2019, and I give up to go. But don't disheart, the problem will be resolved soon.