+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding citizenship test

sonniu

Oct 21, 2013
Hi, I just received my citizenship test invitation letter. In the letter, it mentions to bring all the original documents that support my citizenship application as listed in the document checklist. However, the checklist asks for a lot of information, including pictures.
Do I need to bring two citizenship photos, receipt of the fee I paid and a copy of physical presence calculator?
I also sent them original transcript from my university. I don't have a copy but I can request another original from the university. Is this required though?

Thanks a lot!
This forum has been very helpful in my journey so far!

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi, I just received my citizenship test invitation letter. In the letter, it mentions to bring all the original documents that support my citizenship application as listed in the document checklist. However, the checklist asks for a lot of information, including pictures.
Do I need to bring two citizenship photos, receipt of the fee I paid and a copy of physical presence calculator?
I also sent them original transcript from my university. I don't have a copy but I can request another original from the university. Is this required though?

Thanks a lot!
This forum has been very helpful in my journey so far!
Re: transcript. I don't know. If it's easy to get a transcript then it may be best to do so. (They may not ask to see one as you sent an original, and sometimes they don't ask anyway, especially if they notice you're fluent. But they may ask, either not realizing you sent an original or wanting to see a proof you brought, so taking a transcript seems safest.)

Re: photos and fees: No. You need to bring originals for all documents you sent copies of, but not the forms and photos -- as you sent them the originals.

It may be good to have a look at your presence calculator before you go, so you know your travel history. The Citizenship Officer may ask you questions about your travels, so knowing which trips you made can help you answer questions more easily.

You should take PR card, passport(s), driver's licence, health card (not on the list, but they sometimes ask), proof of language knowledge,...

Some people take translations for stamps in their passport(s) that are not in English or French. Some Citizenship Officers will ask for this. Others won't. If you don't have translations and they want them you'll have a short delay (while your procure and mail them a translation). If you have the translations and they don't want them you'll have spent money unnecessarily.

Last edited:
Reactions: vasvas and qorax