+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question Regarding BOWP and AOR

sf100101

May 26, 2015
Hi guys. I am currently in a fairly tough situation, and wondering if anybody has an answer to this. I got ITA last month, and have prepared all the documents except the police certificate from FBI (requested as soon as I got ITA). I know that I won't get it before my ITA expires, so I will be submitting the PR application now with explanation letter and proof of request.

However, my PGWP will expire in early July, and I would be applying for the BOWP right before the expiration.

The new policy on CIC website tells me that I need the AOR letter (indicating that my PR application passed the completeness check) to apply for the BOWP. If I am not able to provide the FBI police certificate (which would probably arrive in late July), am I going to get the AOR letter? If I applied for the BOWP without the AOR letter (but with an explanation letter telling that I am waiting for FBI PCC), are they going to hold the application, or reject it?

sri198

Jun 9, 2015
Hi,

I am in a similar situation where my PGWP is about to expire and have nt got the AOR yet...Did you get any notification from CIC about your BOWP STATUS

Thanks

questionsasked

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
sri198 said:
Hi,

I am in a similar situation where my PGWP is about to expire and have nt got the AOR yet...Did you get any notification from CIC about your BOWP STATUS

Thanks
Hi,

Have you recieved your second AOR? If so, how long did that take?

GSherriff

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Hi,

How long does it take to get AOR that you need to apply for BOWP? I submitted my application in June, still my eligibility review says "in process". My TWP runs out in December. Im hoping to have PR by then but I may need a BOWP if not. I want to apply ASAP for BOWP. Anyone in the same situation?? Help appreciated :)

marianacimini

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 8, 2015
AOR Received.
May 8, 2015
Hello, I would like to share my experience with BOWP...

I applied for a BOWP at the same day that I've received the AOR (May 8). My work permit was expired already at the time and I applied for a restoration of status with the BOWP (I could have applied for a visitor visa, but wanted to try my chances anyways).

Last week, on September 5th, my BOWP application was approved! I never received a second AOR, and I used the electronic one that CIC send right away after my EE submission.

Don't loose hope guys!

bramski

Sep 17, 2015
Awesome news that that worked for you. I have received my letter of acknowledgement, and my visa expires in one month. How do I apply for a BOWP? Is there an online entry? Do I just mail it in?

marianacimini

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 8, 2015
AOR Received.
May 8, 2015
bramski said:
Awesome news that that worked for you. I have received my letter of acknowledgement, and my visa expires in one month. How do I apply for a BOWP? Is there an online entry? Do I just mail it in?
You can apply online.
Just apply as extension on work permit. I sent an explanation letter saying that I've applied for EE and send the AOR with it.

GSherriff

Star Member
May 4, 2015
marianacimini said:
You can apply online.
Just apply as extension on work permit. I sent an explanation letter saying that I've applied for EE and send the AOR with it.
I looked at the online form. There is no option for open permit although in the instructions say you must specify open work permit. Is it best then to write it on the form and send by mail?

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
GSherriff said:
I looked at the online form. There is no option for open permit although in the instructions say you must specify open work permit. Is it best then to write it on the form and send by mail?
page 3..question no 1...there is...IMM5710