+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding answer on question 10b on citizenship application - about police certificate

Christian32

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
This is regarding for CIT 002 (citizenship application) - question 10 B. This question is regarding police certificate. In my case, me and my wife have been a permanent resident of Canada since September 2019 (we landed in Canada that september 2019) and right now, we account for slightly more than 1,200 days (which is beyond the required 1,095 days). We never left Canada, never went back home and nor have we travelled to the US. In other words, we have been within Canada during those 1,200 days and more.
The 10 b question states:"In the last 4 years, were you in a country other than Canada for moree than 183 days in a row".
Should we just say say "No" OR
should we say "Yes", list our country of origin (as we have been there still in february 2019 awaiting for our PR to be approved), write "no" under "I will provide a police certificate" and write an explanation such as "Police certificate has been sent alonsgide with PR application".
Thank you for your advice.

wink

May 25, 2021
This is regarding for CIT 002 (citizenship application) - question 10 B. This question is regarding police certificate. In my case, me and my wife have been a permanent resident of Canada since September 2019 (we landed in Canada that september 2019) and right now, we account for slightly more than 1,200 days (which is beyond the required 1,095 days). We never left Canada, never went back home and nor have we travelled to the US. In other words, we have been within Canada during those 1,200 days and more.
The 10 b question states:"In the last 4 years, were you in a country other than Canada for moree than 183 days in a row".
Should we just say say "No" OR
should we say "Yes", list our country of origin (as we have been there still in february 2019 awaiting for our PR to be approved), write "no" under "I will provide a police certificate" and write an explanation such as "Police certificate has been sent alonsgide with PR application".
Thank you for your advice.
Based on the info you provided it is clear that you never left Canada in the past 4 years, so answer should be "No". I am not sure what's your source of confusion is...

Reactions: Christian32