+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on Moving to Canada from the US in multiple trips

yyang262

Sep 12, 2016
Hello Guys,

I will be moving to Windsor from the Detroit area end of this month. I really want to avoid the hassle of getting a Uhaul and move my large furniture (planning to just sell them in the states). So I was wondering if I can move little by little with my small car? As I work in the US so I was just planning to bring several items with me everyday after work. Will this work?

If so, how should the B4 form be filled? Should I just create 10 B4 form all marked with goods to follow and just bring one everytime I cross the border? (I can get all 10 of them stamped the first time I enter?)

Anyone here has gone through similar situations?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

For additional information, I landed 2 years ago but the officer didn't stamp my B4 form at the time and told me to give it to them when I move in...

Last edited:

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
You will fill 2 forms. one for goods accompanied for the first trip and another for goods followed for remaining trips. You will get both forms stamped at first entry.

yyang262

Sep 12, 2016
You will fill 2 forms. one for goods accompanied for the first trip and another for goods followed for remaining trips. You will get both forms stamped at first entry.
Thank you. So I will just bring the one goods to follow form everytime I enter while bring only some of the items on that list? No need to bring multiple goods to follow list?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Thank you. So I will just bring the one goods to follow form everytime I enter while bring only some of the items on that list? No need to bring multiple goods to follow list?
Right. No need to bring multiple goods to follow forms. You will bring "goods to follow form" that you got stamped during first entry.

Reactions: yyang262