+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about work experience - NOC 4131....seniors pls answer

rajnik1976

Jul 1, 2009
Hi All,

I have worked as a College Lecturer for two academic sessions (1999-2000 and 2000-2001) with a College here in India. Although I had a break of 5 months in-between during my tenure with them but the college has stated in the experience letter issued to me that I did work for them for 2 academic sessions.

They have also stated that I have worked with them as a:

Lecturer in Physical Education purely on temporary basis during the academic sessions 1999-2000 & 2000-01

Now my question is since they have stated purely on temporary basis will it affect my application anyway?

My other concern is they have also not issued a well elaborated experience letter, this letter doesn't contain any of the duties I performed there as a Lecturer, it's simple 5 lines letter. Do you think I can get through with this?

The college will not issue any further document/letter. Seniors/Others please shed some light on this, I would appreciate your valuable comments.

Ps: My local Visa office will be CHC - New Delhi (incase I am given GO sign by Nova Scotia).

Regards,
RAJNI

rajnik1976

Jul 1, 2009
forgot to mention, I can get some personal reference letters from fellow colleagues (lecturers/professors) from the college.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
unless you try, you will never know. Unless you don't give your best application, then if it fails, you may regret it.

So make your application the best you can and apply.

So for the question about temporary basis, the answer is I don't know but if you don't apply you don't know. I guess someone on a contract for a year or two is on a temporary basis and they should qualify so you should too.

As for whats in the letter, again I don't know if it is enough but if you have a chance to make the application better, you should

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajnik1976 said:
They have also stated that I have worked with them as a:

Lecturer in Physical Education purely on temporary basis during the academic sessions 1999-2000 & 2000-01

Now my question is since they have stated purely on temporary basis will it affect my application anyway?

Whether it was on a temporary base or permenant it doesn't matter as long as it is a full time base, actually i haven't seen in my country or where i have worked in Saudi Arabia any employment contract or letter describe the job as a permanent job usually they explain whether it is a full or part time. so don't worry about the word temporary (i assume that your job there was in a full time base even if it was temporary).

rajnik1976 said:
My other concern is they have also not issued a well elaborated experience letter, this letter doesn't contain any of the duties I performed there as a Lecturer, it's simple 5 lines letter. Do you think I can get through with this?

That is normal, because it is rare to see companies who write all of the detailed duties which an employee has been doing, usually they give an official letter stamped by their official seal as a proof that you have been working with them for a certain period of time in a full or part time base without going through the details (that is why CIC asks for a refference letter from you direct manager who knows exactly your duties and is able to write them down for you on the company letterhead and sign it under his name at the end and stamp it with the company's official seal, your direct boss at the college should be able to give you a detailed letter of your duties on a college letterhead with their official seal (same idea of a reference letter for students made by their professors on a university letterhead and official seal).

rajnik1976 said:
The college will not issue any further document/letter. Seniors/Others please shed some light on this, I would appreciate your valuable comments.
Finally in that point if you couldn't get that detailed letter, at least try to ask them to give you an official letter of the general job description for your job title, usually companies have an official job description for each job title, because how they hire people if they don't have a job description !!, so try to get the official general job description for your job title stamped by their official seal( there shouldn't be a problem in that)

rajnik1976 said:
forgot to mention, I can get some personal reference letters from fellow colleagues (lecturers/professors) from the college.

That should be perfect if they do it on the college letterhead signed under their names and stamped with the college official seal they are supposed to have the authority to do it officially as they usually do for students reference letters.

rajnik1976

Jul 1, 2009
@ rupeshhari - thank you very much for your comments, you are right, if I don't apply I would never know what was destined for me so I am really going to give it a try.

@ professional1 - thanks a lot for your detailed answer, I really appreciate that.

Now my question is:

The college will not write the general job descriptions on their letter head (I tell you this College is way old & typical small town college - the staff is just horrible) because as per them they don't do such things for anyone who worked/working on temporary basis, this is their policy. However I can try to do one thing, I can write all the duties I performed there (as per HRSDC website for NOC-4131) on a A4 size paper and then get this document validated & stamped by one of their senior staff (princial hopefully) and include it with my experience letter when I send my application kit to New Delhi.

I am also not sure if I can get reference letters on college letter head & stamped by my senior/manager - however they can write on plain papers and put their designation, name & contact number on it. I know this college so I don't have any high hopes.

As I stated in my previous post, the college has stated (on experience letter) that I have worked for them for two academic sessions 1999-2000 & 2000-2001 whereas actually I was in full time employment with college from Aug1999-Feb2000 AND Aug2000-March2001 so you see in-between I had a gap of 5 months and Canandian immigration require the work experience to be one year full time & continuos hence my main concern is, if I can write I have worked with them from Aug1999 to March 2001 without mentioning the gap in-between becasue otherwise I will be rejected at first stage. This is tricky but it is the only way out for me to survive with this.

Await your comments.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajnik1976 said:
@ rupeshhari - thank you very much for your comments, you are right, if I don't apply I would never know what was destined for me so I am really going to give it a try.

@ professional1 - thanks a lot for your detailed answer, I really appreciate that.

Now my question is:

The college will not write the general job descriptions on their letter head (I tell you this College is way old & typical small town college - the staff is just horrible) because as per them they don't do such things for anyone who worked/working on temporary basis, this is their policy. However I can try to do one thing, I can write all the duties I performed there (as per HRSDC website for NOC-4131) on a A4 size paper and then get this document validated & stamped by one of their senior staff (princial hopefully) and include it with my experience letter when I send my application kit to New Delhi.

I am also not sure if I can get reference letters on college letter head & stamped by my senior/manager - however they can write on plain papers and put their designation, name & contact number on it. I know this college so I don't have any high hopes.

As I stated in my previous post, the college has stated (on experience letter) that I have worked for them for two academic sessions 1999-2000 & 2000-2001 whereas actually I was in full time employment with college from Aug1999-Feb2000 AND Aug2000-March2001 so you see in-between I had a gap of 5 months and Canandian immigration require the work experience to be one year full time & continuos hence my main concern is, if I can write I have worked with them from Aug1999 to March 2001 without mentioning the gap in-between becasue otherwise I will be rejected at first stage. This is tricky but it is the only way out for me to survive with this.

Await your comments.

Oh really such a horrible college, anyway, i will try to help you by information as much as possible, iam from very far country than your country and the labour system in my country is completely different.

If you cannot get the the job description certificates on the college letterhead with their stamp, at least get it from one of their senior staff , actually i don't see any logical reason for them not to write your duties !! really wierd college !!iam wondering how will CHC verify your job duties with them when they don't even want to write them down for you in a reference letter !

I really don't have an answer for that situation and hope that others might help you better especially members from your country because they know the system over there better than me on how to prove your experience.( but at least my advice is to submit explanation letters for the reasons of a any unclear situation in regard to your experience documents to CHC.

In regard to the 5 months gap, i know that immigration canada asks for continuous period of time so unfortunatly i don't have definate answer for that question too.

Hope the best of luck for you.