+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about timeline to extend a visitor log

bavss

Feb 18, 2024
I have extended my visitor log three times now and I am just about to turn in my PR application via spousal sponsorship. My status expires in April so I will be extending one more time while my app is in processing. I just noticed on the back of my visitor record is says your should apply to extend your stay at least 30 days prior to expiry, but every other time I have extended it, I have waited until a day or two before expiry and it’s been accepted. Is this a new rule that I missed?

bavss

Feb 18, 2024
I have extended my visitor log three times now and I am just about to turn in my PR application via spousal sponsorship. My status expires in April so I will be extending one more time while my app is in processing. I just noticed on the back VidMate of my visitor record is says your should apply to extend your stay at least 30 days prior to expiry, but every other time I have extended it, I have waited until a day or two before expiry and it’s been accepted. Is this a new rule that I missed?
I got this,...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have extended my visitor log three times now and I am just about to turn in my PR application via spousal sponsorship. My status expires in April so I will be extending one more time while my app is in processing. I just noticed on the back of my visitor record is says your should apply to extend your stay at least 30 days prior to expiry, but every other time I have extended it, I have waited until a day or two before expiry and it’s been accepted. Is this a new rule that I missed?
How many times have you attempted to extend your visitor record? What is your immigration history? You typically are able to only extend visitor status a limited amount of times especially if you can’t show a large amount of savings and you are a younger person and not retired. You don’t have to apply to extend 30 days before although I would apply multiple days before to make sure you have time to deal with any issues that you may encounter.