+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about temporary Immigration Medical Exam exemption

gshawn

Sep 5, 2021
Hello,

We're doing an inland common-law PR application (submitted in Feb 2021) and we just recently received a request to submit results from an immigration medical exam. However, we recently discovered an announcement saying that there's been a recent temporary change to public policy whereby you are exempt from the exam if you have submitted an IME within the past 5 years.

My partner appears to meet this criteria, provided that the medical exam she initially did for her Working Holiday visa in 2019 counts as an Immigration Medical Exam.

However, the announcement states that "applicants must provide an immigration medical exam or a unique medical identifier number from their previous medical exam."

It appears at the moment that we don't have access to either of these. The clinic that did the test in Korea submitted the results directly to IRCC, and even when accessing the old IEC application online, there's just a note saying "You passed the medical exam.", but I can't find anything like a "unique medical identifier number".

Has anybody applied for this exemption? How did you access the result/identifier of your previous exam?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello,

We're doing an inland common-law PR application (submitted in Feb 2021) and we just recently received a request to submit results from an immigration medical exam. However, we recently discovered an announcement saying that there's been a recent temporary change to public policy whereby you are exempt from the exam if you have submitted an IME within the past 5 years.

My partner appears to meet this criteria, provided that the medical exam she initially did for her Working Holiday visa in 2019 counts as an Immigration Medical Exam.

However, the announcement states that "applicants must provide an immigration medical exam or a unique medical identifier number from their previous medical exam."

It appears at the moment that we don't have access to either of these. The clinic that did the test in Korea submitted the results directly to IRCC, and even when accessing the old IEC application online, there's just a note saying "You passed the medical exam.", but I can't find anything like a "unique medical identifier number".

Has anybody applied for this exemption? How did you access the result/identifier of your previous exam?
Do you remember having a UMI sheet? The UMI number is on the sheet.

Now IF you have lost the sheet, there is one more way. That is by ATIP (Folks suggest me if there is a faster way)!

Raise an ATIP (for both medical and Officer's notes commonly called as GCMS notes) for your past application. You can check how to do it on this forum. It will take a month but you will get your entire file for your past application. In that there will be a section called "Medical" which will look something like this :

As you can see, the in the middle of the report, there is IME # and UMI, which you want.

Reactions: gshawn

gshawn

Sep 5, 2021
Do you remember having a UMI sheet? The UMI number is on the sheet.

Now IF you have lost the sheet, there is one more way. That is by ATIP (Folks suggest me if there is a faster way)!

Raise an ATIP (for both medical and Officer's notes commonly called as GCMS notes) for your past application. You can check how to do it on this forum. It will take a month but you will get your entire file for your past application. In that there will be a section called "Medical" which will look something like this :

As you can see, the in the middle of the report, there is IME # and UMI, which you want.
Thanks very much for the response. She didn't remember getting that particular document. We actually ended up calling the clinic in Korea that did the exam and it turned out that they were able to provide us with the UMI (which I wasn't expecting since I thought the UMI would just be created on the IRCC side after they receive the exam).

kras9x4

Oct 26, 2021
Hey this is the exact scenario for my wife. She came here in 2019 on an open work permit. PR application sent in May 2021... It says she has passed her exam when she logs in... Do we have to do anything else?

Ryan1998

Jan 4, 2023
Hey this is the exact scenario for my wife. She came here in 2019 on an open work permit. PR application sent in May 2021... It says she has passed her exam when she logs in... Do we have to do anything else?
Hi how have you been, I did my exam 3 years ago before I came to Canada, and my IRCC account says my exam has passed, but I also got a reminder email for my medical exam and right of permanent residence fee, which I have paid upfront.
Can I please ask what did you do with you situation? I’d really appreciate any advice, thank you