+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Question] About Student-visa.

TDMasterpiece

Aug 21, 2011
Let's assume I possess a Student-Visa, it gives me the right to work part time, right?
What if I have a spouse/husband/wife married legaly, etc... is it possible for him to get a work permit so he can finance us while I'm studying? (Of Course the college/visa fees/applications will be all paid in advance.

Thank you very much :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

TDMasterpiece said:
Let's assume I possess a Student-Visa, it gives me the right to work part time, right?
What if I have a spouse/husband/wife married legaly, etc... is it possible for him to get a work permit so he can finance us while I'm studying? (Of Course the college/visa fees/applications will be all paid in advance.

Thank you very much :)
1. No, you don't have the RIGHT, if the course/school/and your marks qualify, after 6 months you can apply for an off-campus work permit, allowing you to work PT for up to 20 hours per week during school and full time during breaks.
2. Your spouse would have to apply for a work permit, you would have to show that you have $15K for the first year's living expenses. The issuance of the work permit and TRV ( if required) is not automatic. If you check out the forum, you will see how many spouses have been refused.

muzamilcjl

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Islamabad
Visa Office......
CHC, Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
03 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
04 Aug 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
26 Aug 2011 (delivered on 30 Aug 2011)
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
You can work on campus for specified number of hours if you have a valid study permit. For off-campus work you have to apply for work permit (but after completing 6 months of study).

Your spouse will need to apply for Work-Permit before working in Canada. Still your spouse need to show finances.

TDMasterpiece

Aug 21, 2011
Thank you guys very much for answering.
How much time will it take me to make a work permit? and if I go to Canada, and then apply for a work permit, would it be faster?

Thanks a lot guys, you're the best. saved me lets of pain, im grateful.

BTW, I live in the UK... if it matters.

U

unlucky19

My classes will start on 7 september.and because this date is mentioned on acceptance letter from stouffville colg.

I got a refusal letter on 15 august.

Now i m going to resubmit my application to islamabad canadian embassy with first acceptance letter tomorrow.I also mailed to college for my refusal of study visa.

i want to get a new acceptance letter or can i use first acceptance letter.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

1. No, you don't have the RIGHT, if the course/school/and your marks qualify, after 6 months you can apply for an off-campus work permit, allowing you to work PT for up to 20 hours per week during school and full time during breaks.
2. Your spouse would have to apply for a work permit, you would have to show that you have $15K for the first year's living expenses. The issuance of the work permit and TRV ( if required) is not automatic. If you check out the forum, you will see how many spouses have been refused.
Lol... Indeed a very hard and perfect reply to a query which look so simple, influenced more by a hook or crook means !