+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question About Proof of Means of Financial Support

hannalila

Aug 16, 2018
Hello,

I was looking at my document checklist, and I am required to submit this proof of financial support document even though I thought CEC does not need financial support. The requirement is shown below:

Express Entry - Permanent Residents
If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

• list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
  • list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
  • be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).

I am wondering do I need to provide such a detailed summary ? Can I provide my bank statement for the past 6 months? However, the bank statement will not include the date each account was opened?

Thanks

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
You're required to show proof of finances because you didn't put $0 under 'amount you will be bringing to Canada' or however the question is worded.
Why not give them what they've asked for instead of wondering whether some substitution will be acceptable or not, with potentially damaging consequences?

sonu thind

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Wrong you are not required to show proof of funds. You might have put some value under 'amount you will be bringing to Canada' when you created your profile. But when you got invite under CEC not FSW you are not required to show such funds. I was in the same boat I uploaded LOE in place for funds saying I am CEC so not showing funds. My R10 got completed got BIL and MEP updates

hannalila

Aug 16, 2018
You're required to show proof of finances because you didn't put $0 under 'amount you will be bringing to Canada' or however the question is worded.
Why not give them what they've asked for instead of wondering whether some substitution will be acceptable or not, with potentially damaging consequences?
Thank you. I live in rural Canada and with this Covid-19, I am reluctant to drive to a city that has my bank and get this document. Kinda hoped that just the bank statements over the past 6 months would work.

hannalila

Aug 16, 2018
Wrong you are not required to show proof of funds. You might have put some value under 'amount you will be bringing to Canada' when you created your profile. But when you got invite under CEC not FSW you are not required to show such funds. I was in the same boat I uploaded LOE in place for funds saying I am CEC so not showing funds. My R10 got completed got BIL and MEP updates

Thank you very much.

Reactions: JapaneseInMB

JapaneseInMB

Star Member
May 27, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
18-07-2020
Med's Done....
10-10-2020
LANDED..........
22-11-2020
Thank you very much.
Here is a clear instruction from CIC.

"You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello,

I was looking at my document checklist, and I am required to submit this proof of financial support document even though I thought CEC does not need financial support. The requirement is shown below:

Express Entry - Permanent Residents
If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

• list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
  • list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
  • be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).

I am wondering do I need to provide such a detailed summary ? Can I provide my bank statement for the past 6 months? However, the bank statement will not include the date each account was opened?

Thanks
This is irrelevant. you can easily upload a brief letter stating that since you are a CEC applicant you do not need to submit this proof.

Or you could actually submit some proof (bank statements, employment letter, etc.)

Regardless, this will have no impact in your application. It just asks you for something because yo did not put 0$ when answering the question on how much money you have available.

No you are not required. It will show the field for this but it is NOT a requirement and has no impact in the application.

hannalila

Aug 16, 2018
This is irrelevant. you can easily upload a brief letter stating that since you are a CEC applicant you do not need to submit this proof.

Or you could actually submit some proof (bank statements, employment letter, etc.)

Regardless, this will have no impact in your application. It just asks you for something because yo did not put 0$ when answering the question on how much money you have available.

No you are not required. It will show the field for this but it is NOT a requirement and has no impact in the application.
Here is a clear instruction from CIC.

"You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

Thank you both for the help.

JayATW

Jul 11, 2020
I recently received an ITA under CEC, however I don’t live in Canada anymore, do I still have to show proof of settlement funds?

bpink

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
Hello! on the amount question since it is not required under CEC, can I just put $0? Thank you!