+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about medical examination ..

RHADI

Aug 5, 2007
I am married to a Canadian citizen .. after the completion and acceptance of all papers by immigration waited more than 11 months awaiting interview later today .. I have responded to e-mail from the Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi tells me that the validity of the medical examination had concluded ??!!! The medical examination must be done again? ? Is this unusual request or is the fault of them because they too late?

RHADI

Aug 5, 2007
After one year accepting immigration application, including medical examination .. told me that the validity of the medical examination had ended .. And it must re-examination again?

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
No. You're supposed to get the medical done when they ask for it. If you get it done before they ask for it, you run the risk that it will become invalid.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

RHADI said:
thank you
Most spousal applications are completed in less than a year, that is why the instructions request you have the medical receipt submitted with the sponsorship. read: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp

"There are some extra steps to follow if the person(s) you want to sponsor lives outside Canada:

* Have the person(s) you want to sponsor complete the medical examination requirements. Instructions are in the application kit. There is also information about medical examinations in the Quick Find section on the right-hand side of this page.
* Assemble the final application for permanent residence, including applications, supporting documents, and proof that the medical examination has been done.

PMM

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
so get it done before and send proof that youve done it in with your application? is that correct? i have a question on this matter too, i am in USA and my husband is in ontario, can i go get my medicals done in canada when i go on a visit instead of having them done here in USA?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tamee said:
so get it done before and send proof that youve done it in with your application? is that correct? i have a question on this matter too, i am in USA and my husband is in ontario, can i go get my medicals done in canada when i go on a visit instead of having them done here in USA?
You can have them done at any DMP, but if there is a problem, you have to return to the same DMP.

PMM