+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about documents for marital status Divorced

pritkumar08

Jun 27, 2020
Hello All,

I received ITA on 25th June under CEC category, My score is 435

I am gathering documents to submit an application now. I have below doubt

I have a daughter and she is in legal possession/custody with my ex-wife, she is 1 year 6 months old, IRCC is asking me to upload a medical certificate for the daughter while submitting an application, but My ex-wife is not interested to provide a medical certificate of daughter. can you please answer what should I do now, it is a mandatory document in portal?

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
Hello All,

I received ITA on 25th June under CEC category, My score is 435

I am gathering documents to submit an application now. I have below doubt

I have a daughter and she is in legal possession/custody with my ex-wife, she is 1 year 6 months old, IRCC is asking me to upload a medical certificate for the daughter while submitting an application, but My ex-wife is not interested to provide a medical certificate of daughter. can you please answer what should I do now, it is a mandatory document in portal?
Yes, I believe it’s mandatory...If you have a dependent, whether they are accompanying or not accompanying you to Canada, they have to also provide medicals.

When you mean legal custody, do you mean your wife has sole custody of her?

pritkumar08

Jun 27, 2020
Yes, I believe it’s mandatory...If you have a dependent, whether they are accompanying or not accompanying you to Canada, they have to also provide medicals.

When you mean legal custody, do you mean your wife has sole custody of her?
Yes she has sole custody of her

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
Yes she has sole custody of her
Ok, I hope you have the court order?, If yes, you should submit it with your application.

About the medicals, since she has sole custody, she’s legally responsible for her and can decide to decline your request for medicals.

In this case, it’s safe to assume that your child will not be accompanying you to Canada. I think a LOE explaining all the facts and the court order of your separation and child custody document should be enough.

pritkumar08

Jun 27, 2020
Hi I do not have court order, but I am having affidavit document with Title Divorce Deed and it is registered at Sub registrar office, and this document is having all terms and conditions about custody.

cp1999

Mar 13, 2019
INDIA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi I do not have court order, but I am having affidavit document with Title Divorce Deed and it is registered at Sub registrar office, and this document is having all terms and conditions about custody.
Hello Pritkumar,

I am in the same boat, i am an indian and i have 100 inr stamp paper and notarized divorced deed. (But do not have divorce decree)
Is it enough for canadian pr?

Regards,
Chirag Patel.