+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Degree (online top up)

BilboBaggins

Jul 6, 2021
Dear All,

I have a diploma in logistics / bachelor of business already from 10 years ago and work in a management role currently.

Canada has got a new pathway for an open work permit only to Hong Kong people, which I am.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/open-work-permit-hong-kong-recent-graduates.html

The requirements are as follows:

Education requirements for post-secondary studies
You must have graduated no more than 5 years before you apply for this open work permit, with one of the following:

Education requirements for graduate and post-graduate studies Effective May 17, 2021
You must hold a graduate or post-graduate credential (for example, a post-graduate diploma) that you received no more than 5 years before you apply for this open work permit.

The credential must be for a program

• that is a minimum of 1 year
  • that requires a post-secondary degree or diploma, which you completed no more than 5 years before you started the post-graduate program
  • at one of the following:

I can do an online top up bachelors degree in about 8-12 months for quite a reasonable price. Do you think this should work?
It says SOMETIMES you need to submit a ECA doc about the qualification, which I assume I could do.

E.g. a registered legitimate university in UK Bachelor degree with transcript for final year + transcript of studies from Higher National Diploma (I think its a 3 year course actually) / 10+ year old Bachelor degree transcript. I assume ECA would at least qualify this as a 'Bachelors degree' and then the bachelors degree cert would be from 2022 so fit the completed within 5 years part.

Does this seem correct?

AngusLeio

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Category........
PNP
I reckon your idea is correct.

A top-up degree (whether it's online, distance, or on campus) from a legitimate university would be fine for the application.

If in case you are asked to do a ECA, you could submit both your top-up degree transcripts + previous relevant studies transcripts for ECA.

best luck!