+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Admissibility - PGWP Expiry

shabbarali

Aug 1, 2011
Hello All,

I have a quick question. After submitting application to CEC from outside canada, do I still have to be admissible to canada (have a valid PGWP?. So my case is.
I am going to apply for PR under CEC class on 4 January 2019 as that is when I will become eligible to apply. My PGWP expires 9 October 2019. I will submit my application for PR from outside Canada from my home country. Now at the time of my submission of the PR application under CEC class, I am admissible to Canada as I have a valid PGWP at the time of my submission. My question is would my application be still valid after the expiry of my PGWP just incase if I dont get an ITA till then? In another words, can an applicant get an ITA after PGWP expiry? I can apply for BOWP but for that I have to be in Canada so that is not an option. Also, for how long is the CEC application kept on file if an applicant doesnt recieve an ITA and can I make changes/edit the CEC application to increase CRS score after the expiry of my PGWP. Please let me know.. thank you!

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
You can apply from your home country. Whether or not you have a valid work permit is irrelevant to EE application.
Your EE profile is valid for one year. If you don't receive an ITA within a year, your profile expires and you need to create another one.