AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
When I do my application, I forgot to tick no or yes, but I put the information about my French citizenship, but I didn’t put the information about my birth country (citizenship birth country), the question in French its very confused,

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
When I do my application, I forgot to tick no or yes, but I put the information about my French citizenship, but I didn’t put the information about my birth country (citizenship birth country), the question in French its very confused,
In French the question reads:
"Avez-vous deja obtenu un statut d'immigrant ou la citoyennete dans und pays autre que le Canada, incluant votre pays de naissance?"

So it clearly says "incluant votre pays de naissance", so you are supposed to list your birth country citizenship (if you obtained it at birth).

If you wouldn't have to list your birth country citizenship, it would say:
"Avez-vous deja obtenu un statut d'immigrant ou la citoyennete dans und pays autre que le Canada ou votre pays de naissance?"

So yes, you have to list your country of birth citizenship and generally any immigration status you held anywhere. Once you received AOR, I would encourage you to send a Case Specific Enquiry to submit the info about your citizenship at birth. Otherwise, the officer would assume that you had been stateless untill you obtained French citizenship which doesn't seem to be the case. It also wouldn't match your earlier immigration records because I assume you listed your country of birth citizenship when applying for PR.

En francais: Vous avez obtenu la citoyennete de votre pays de naissance au moment de votre naissance. Alors, vous avez obtenu cette citoyennete, et c'est pas la citoyennete canadienne. Donc, il faut l'inclure dans cette liste. Il n'importe pas comment vous l'avez obtenu (par demande, par naissance, ...)

Last edited:

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
In French the question reads:
"Avez-vous deja obtenu un statut d'immigrant ou la citoyennete dans und pays autre que le Canada, incluant votre pays de naissance?"

So it clearly says "incluant votre pays de naissance", so you are supposed to list your birth country citizenship (if you obtained it at birth).

If you wouldn't have to list your birth country citizenship, it would say:
"Avez-vous deja obtenu un statut d'immigrant ou la citoyennete dans und pays autre que le Canada ou votre pays de naissance?"

So yes, you have to list your country of birth citizenship and generally any immigration status you held anywhere. Once you received AOR, I would encourage you to send a Case Specific Enquiry to submit the info about your citizenship at birth. Otherwise, the officer would assume that you had been stateless untill you obtained French citizenship which doesn't seem to be the case. It also wouldn't match your earlier immigration records because I assume you listed your country of birth citizenship when applying for PR.

En francais: Vous avez obtenu la citoyennete de votre pays de naissance au moment de votre naissance. Alors, vous avez obtenu cette citoyennete, et c'est pas la citoyennete canadienne. Donc, il faut l'inclure dans cette liste. Il n'importe pas comment vous l'avez obtenu (par demande, par naissance, ...)
I understand but this is the question in my application :

C’est pour ça je trouve la question est bizarre, Mon erreur et we je n’ai pas regardé l’aide et quand on clique sur l’aide la question est formule différemment :
Avez-vous deja obtenu un statut d'immigrant ou la citoyennete dans und pays autre que le Canada, incluant votre pays de naissance?".
En plus j’ai oublié de cochez oui.
Thank you

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I understand but this is the question in my application :

C’est pour ça je trouve la question est bizarre, Mon erreur et we je n’ai pas regardé l’aide et quand on clique sur l’aide la question est formule différemment :
Avez-vous deja obtenu un statut d'immigrant ou la citoyennete dans und pays autre que le Canada, incluant votre pays de naissance?".
En plus j’ai oublié de cochez oui.
Thank you
Je vous ai repondu par message privé.

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014

Fala.move

Mar 10, 2018
Hello,
I am confused with this question as well. So If I was born in France and lived in France my whole life before I came to Canada, in this case I don't fill out the table?

Thanks

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hello,
I am confused with this question as well. So If I was born in France and lived in France my whole life before I came to Canada, in this case I don't fill out the table?

Thanks
You do have to fill out that table. You are a citizen of France, no? So you have to list that.
(And if you "inherited" citizenship because one of your parents is/was a citizen of another country you would have to list that, too)