+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query rgarding open work permit

richarana

Feb 20, 2010
Dear Sir/Ma'm,

I had applied for Open Work Permit online on Cic website on date 02-Mar-10.

I paid $150 fees online after which i got online receipt with reference number and got one confirmation email that my application is received.

I am not sure if there is anything pending from my side.

Please advice.

Also is there some cic office or contact number in toronto from where i can track the status of my application?

I had applied 21 days ago so not sure how much more time it would take to get me open work permit.
what is the average time for getting open work permit for my case?
I had applied for open work permit based on my husbands work permit (Skill Level A).

My current visitor visa is valid for 2 more years.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Richa

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
richarana said:
Dear Sir/Ma'm,

I had applied for Open Work Permit online on Cic website on date 02-Mar-10.

I paid $150 fees online after which i got online receipt with reference number and got one confirmation email that my application is received.

I am not sure if there is anything pending from my side.

Please advice.

Also is there some cic office or contact number in toronto from where i can track the status of my application?

I had applied 21 days ago so not sure how much more time it would take to get me open work permit.
what is the average time for getting open work permit for my case?
I had applied for open work permit based on my husbands work permit (Skill Level A).

My current visitor visa is valid for 2 more years.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Richa
The average processing time of application to change condition is 53 days. You can call CIC and inquire about the status of your application: 1 888 242‑2100

Mar 31, 2010
Hi , I applied for my post graduation work permit on the 15th of DEC and have received conformation from call center agents that CIC received my application on the 21st of December , And till today I have not heard a word from the people at CIC. I talk to the call center agents almost everyday and all they tell me is "It's in Verification process" . I have been waiting for 3 and a half months with NO answers what so ever. Without any source of income , I have been borrowing more money from my bank waiting for my work permit.

I have had 2 job offers from very respectable companies that concern the profession I am trying to pursue, offered in january, shortly after I applied for work permit , and one offer is still pending.

My entire life has been put on hold because of this , It's highly disappointing. I don't understand why they wont issue the permit or tell me what is going on, Please Help.
-Chatarsal Singh.