Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Do I need a transit visa to enter Dubai and change terminals during the 2.5-hour layover? I confirmed that my baggage will be checked through to the final destination as both flights are booked under the same reference number with Air Canada.

My trip(Under same reference number ) details are as follows:
- First Flight: New Delhi to Dubai via Air India
- Layover in Dubai: 2.5 hours
- Terminal Change in Dubai: From Terminal 1 (Air India) to Terminal 3 (Air Canada)
- Second Leg: Dubai to Toronto via Air Canada

Indian passport holder with a valid Canadian tourist visa.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You should check with the airline. As far as I'm aware Dubai works with an international (transit) 'zone' which generally doesn't require a visa (because you're not entering the country), even between terminals. As long as, of course, your documents are valid to enter at your final destination.

But: the airline has to let you on the flight and they should be able to confirm that your visa to Canada is sufficient.

Reactions: JamesRodriguez

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
You should check with the airline. As far as I'm aware Dubai works with an international (transit) 'zone' which generally doesn't require a visa (because you're not entering the country), even between terminals. As long as, of course, your documents are valid to enter at your final destination.

But: the airline has to let you on the flight and they should be able to confirm that your visa to Canada is sufficient.
Thanks for quick response

Reactions: armoured