+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding remote job for PNP candidate

itboyz30

Oct 1, 2019
Hi All,

I have PR under PNP nomination from Alberta my question is can I take remote job or travelling job outside of my province.
I will stay in my province but as my previous employer do not have office in my province but rather in Toronto can offer remote or travelling job.

My question is , is it OK for PNP candidate to get remote or travelling job from another province.

Thanks...

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Short answer is: ABSOLUTELY NOT.

The whole point of the PNP is to support the economy of the province/territory which nominated you. So if you're a nominee, you must reside in the province in which you were nominated. This is particularly the case if you don't have PR yet; so if you're a nominee or have a work permit stating where you can live and who you can work for.

Traveling outside the province is fine as long as you don't reside outside the province. So if you live in say, Manitoba, and want to go work from some lake in Ontario or a mountain in BC or have a fling with a boy/girl in NWT for a few weeks, or you're traveling out-of-province for a conference/meet colleagues at other offices that's fine. As long as it's temporary.

I've been through this with the SINP, they wouldn't even allow me to work remotely for an out-of-province employer.

ourcanadavisa

Nov 24, 2016
Hi All,

I have PR under PNP nomination from Alberta my question is can I take remote job or travelling job outside of my province.
I will stay in my province but as my previous employer do not have office in my province but rather in Toronto can offer remote or travelling job.

My question is , is it OK for PNP candidate to get remote or travelling job from another province.

Thanks...
I think if you are residing in the province and doing the remote job is fine.