+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query on SOWP

Bidita

Oct 2, 2021
Hi All,
My husband has an Employee specific work permit visa and as his dependant I have an Open Work Permit. So if somehow he is not able to travel, can I travel without him?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi All,
My husband has an Employee specific work permit visa and as his dependant I have an Open Work Permit. So if somehow he is not able to travel, can I travel without him?
You already have approved work permits with you or you are yet land for the first time and complete the formalities at Canadian Airport.

If you haven't landed yet for the first time, read the last section on this page
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/eligibility/employer-specific-labout-market-impact-assessment-exemptions.html#t12

Bidita

Oct 2, 2021
Thanks Preet for getting back :)
I read the article but my point is I am an Open Work permit holder and a dependent of my husband who got an Intra company transfer work permit. He has the correspondence letter from his company and I also have the correspondence letter issued by IRCC through his company. But I don’t have job to work for in Canada as it’s an open work permit for me and I will go there and search. So will I be allowed at the Port of Entry with the correspondence letter I have, if he is not travelling with me for the time being? Or I need any other document?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I read the article but my point is I am an Open Work permit holder and a dependent of my husband who got an Intra company transfer work permit. He has the correspondence letter from his company and I also have the correspondence letter issued by IRCC through his company. But I don’t have job to work for in Canada as it’s an open work permit for me and I will go there and search. So will I be allowed at the Port of Entry with the correspondence letter I have, if he is not travelling with me for the time being? Or I need any other document?
Since your OWP is dependent on your husbands ICT, you may run into issues having the work permit issued when you arrive in Canada. It would be best to wait and travel together with your husband once he is ready to come to Canada.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
You must travel with your spouse (primary applicant).