+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query on delay in spouse sponsorship in Quebec

Sanjay Shetty

Jul 21, 2019
Hi All,

I have applied for CSQ for my wife application after letter from CIC to apply to MIDI. I applied in Oct 18 2019.
I was expecting to get CSQ by Nov end (Earlier CSQ was issued in one month). But now CSQ application for spouse application is stuck on 18 Aug and date is not even moving from several months. Does anyone reason for Spouse sposnoship delay in Quebec and how much more time will it take.Will issue get sorted.

dayanaraquin18

Sep 3, 2019
Colombia
Visa Office......
VO Bogotá
Hi All,

I have applied for CSQ for my wife application after letter from CIC to apply to MIDI. I applied in Oct 18 2019.
I was expecting to get CSQ by Nov end (Earlier CSQ was issued in one month). But now CSQ application for spouse application is stuck on 18 Aug and date is not even moving from several months. Does anyone reason for Spouse sposnoship delay in Quebec and how much more time will it take.Will issue get sorted.
On the website they specify that the delay is due to the volume of applications they received in 2019. I recommend that you be patient because it's waiting game. I applied on August 14 and my CSQ was just approved yesterday (took 5 months). MIDI is months behind and they haven't done anything to solve this problem. I know several sponsors who sent their applications more than a month ago and have not yet received AOR. They don't even take their payment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grace2019

smallcoffee

Apr 4, 2018
Paris
On the website they specify that the delay is due to the volume of applications they received in 2019. I recommend that you be patient because it's waiting game. I applied on August 14 and my CSQ was just approved yesterday (took 5 months). MIDI is months behind and they haven't done anything to solve this problem. I know several sponsors who sent their applications more than a month ago and have not yet received AOR. They don't even take their payment.
When it was approved, you got a letter or ?

Grace2019

Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Did you receive it by post or email ? may I ask ...
Me too I am waiting mine ...more than 4 months now

Grace2019

Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Hi All,

Based on the answers given by different spousal applicants outland for Quebec , the acknowledgement of receipt ( AOR )for CSQ is taking two months
So from AOR CSQ count at least 5 months to obtain csq

Grace2019

Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Hi did you get pre arrival along with csq and passport request ?

dayanaraquin18

Sep 3, 2019
Colombia
Visa Office......
VO Bogotá
Hi did you get pre arrival along with csq and passport request ?
No. I recieved the pre arrival letter on September and two months later they sent me a request letter asking for my CSQ. Passport, two photos and a form where I had to put my correspondence address for them to return my passport when it is stamped. That day I recieved my medical request too. I sent everything except the csq but I sent a letter asking for more time :) now I'm waiting for my passport and COPR.

Reactions: Grace2019

Grace2019

Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Pretoria
No. I recieved the pre arrival letter on September and two months later they sent me a request letter asking for my CSQ. Passport, two photos and a form where I had to put my correspondence address for them to return my passport when it is stamped. That day I recieved my medical request too. I sent everything except the csq but I sent a letter asking for more time :) now I'm waiting for my passport and COPR.
Okay I think each country is different the way they do things some people get on same day medical and passport request lettter anyways we just have to be patient with MIFI.
You will soon get your passport soon :)