+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

query on changing the territory after PR

sudkak

Apr 16, 2013
Hi All,
I have one query and required your help on this.I have got PR under OPNP program.If I have a job offer in Maitoba.Can I wor with this PR ,I have read in some forums that it is mandatory to stay in applied province for some time. So please clarify whether I need to stay initially for Onatrio or is it fine to change if I get good offer outside this.
Thanks
Sudhakar

taurus25

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
In my opinion its fine if you have good job offer because in Ontario they don't have such restriction .

desi_jatt

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
When You get the PR, u get the full mobility rights, u can go to any province or territory in Canada.

But if you show your intention, of not settling in the province that nominated you, before becoming PR or even at the time of landing, CBSA officers can cancel your PR .

sudkak

Apr 16, 2013
Hi taurus25 & desi_jatt
Thanks for the reply. So once I land in Toronto and get the PR card in 30 -45 days, then Can I change to any territory right! And also I read soemwhere that we have to sign some form stating that I am going to stay in particular program province. Any idea on this please.

MR. SIDHU

Jan 30, 2014
LAND OF FIVE RIVERS
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/02/2012
AOR Received.
23/06/2013
File Transfer...
18/01/2014 to NDVO & 03/03/2014 to COLOMBO
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sudkak said:
Hi taurus25 & desi_jatt
Thanks for the reply. So once I land in Toronto and get the PR card in 30 -45 days, then Can I change to any territory right! And also I read soemwhere that we have to sign some form stating that I am going to stay in particular program province. Any idea on this please.

No has to sign any document stating that they have to live in that particular province !!
However i totally agree with desi_jatt !!

desi_jatt

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
U can move even the same day to different Province or territory, if you have some one to collect your PR card at the old address.

If you don't have the address for PR card, don't give CIC address while landing, tell them that u will update your address getting your place. you have 6 months to do that to get your free PR card, if you do it after 6 months then u have to pay for it.

The key is not showing the intention to move before getting the PR. If u do that its OVER.

But one should first also try to settle in the province nominating them, it should not be used for easy method of getting PR.

They don't have anything to stop it legally after you become the PR at the moment but who knows abt future.

Bhim

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sudkak said:
Hi All,
I have one query and required your help on this.I have got PR under OPNP program.If I have a job offer in Maitoba.Can I wor with this PR ,I have read in some forums that it is mandatory to stay in applied province for some time. So please clarify whether I need to stay initially for Onatrio or is it fine to change if I get good offer outside this.
Thanks
Sudhakar
In my Opinion you should stick to the province which nominated you.
you might have difficulties later on when you apply for your citizenship.