+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query: Freelance Work Experience & Flight Training

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hi all,

I have received an ITA in the last draw. I have the below two queries, please help me out with the same:

1) Proof of Work Experience: I am a full time professional fashion photographer (NOC 5221-B) however I work on a freelance basis. In my EE profile when it asked for hours per week I mentioned 30 hours else it was not recognising my work as full time. My question is that in my field we don't really calculate work based on hours.. I do have published work to show (on my website) and can procure client reference letters apart from Income Tax Returns since the time I've been active (2012) but there isn't a way to show "hours per week" since I am not on a 9-5 schedule. How can I work around this?

2) My spouse is my dependent on the application, and we received 6 points for his education since he completed his Flight Training (training duration 1 year) in the USA. He also converted his license to the Canadian equivalent - thereby there was no need to get a third party evaluation etc. He has all flight records on a pilot logbook to show the duration of training as well as the necessary license cards etc. I am worried that CIC might have an issue with this and refuse our application for some reason since this isn't exactly a "full time academic program with 15 hours of study per week". Is there anyone out here who knows/has been in a similar situation regarding flight training?

Looking forward to receiving all the help I can get.

Best.