+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query about my re entry in canada

@kj

Jun 23, 2019
Hello,
Need help
Can any one help me out I have a small query about my travel plan actually my Visa and study permit is going to expire in sept 30,2019 and I have condition on my study permit which says Must leave Canada by Sept30,2019. Now I finished my studies I’m gonna apply for work permit during in that time I planned to back to my home country for holidays . My question is can I re enter in Canada before my study permit and visa expire.
Awaiting for a quick response.
Thanks.

@kj

Jun 23, 2019
Thanks for the response and how about my condition on study permit which says I should leave Canada by 30 sept 2019 can I stay in Canada after applying work permit?
Please help me out with this query.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Actually, since you already finished your studies, it will expire 90 days from the date of your diploma/program completion, not 30 September 2019.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit.html

3. If you finish your studies before your study permit expires
If you finish your studies early, your permit will stop being valid 90 days after you complete your studies, no matter what day is printed on the study permit.

You’ve completed your studies on the date your school first notifies you by completion letter, transcript, degree or diploma.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Thanks for the response and how about my condition on study permit which says I should leave Canada by 30 sept 2019 can I stay in Canada after applying work permit?
Please help me out with this query.
Once you apply for PGWP with a valid study permit you are then on implied open work permit status and can do everything as if you have already been granted the work permit.

Yaha14

Jun 11, 2017
After applying for the PGWP, yes. Like said earlier, it's an implied OWP, you can work full-time and then some.
He can do whatever his previous document allowed, no?
For example if you have a closed WP and you apply for a WP with a new employer, you can’t start working for a new employer until your receive a new WP.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
He can do whatever his previous document allowed, no?
For example if you have a closed WP and you apply for a WP with a new employer, you can’t start working for a new employer until your receive a new WP.
OP will be applying for a PGWP on the basis of a study permit. Not sure your example is relevant in this case as the previous document is completely different.

Yaha14

Jun 11, 2017
OP will be applying for a PGWP from a study permit. Not exactly what you describe, but there is implied status nevertheless. And a PGWP is an open work permit, as also previously stated.
Yes, I know. I just gave an example.

I thought if you are on implied status you can only be eligible to perform such an activity allowed in your current immigration document but not the one you have applied for.

Yaha14

Jun 11, 2017
If you applied for a different kind of permit

• You cannot do any of the activities allowed by the original work permit. For example, you may have come to Canada as a worker and then applied for a study permit. If so, you must stop working once your work permit expires. After that, you cannot work or study until you get a new permit.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Can I work more than 20 hrs in a week ?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/after-you-apply.html

Working while we process your application
You can work full-time until we make a decision on your work permit application if you:

• had a valid study permit when you submitted your application
  • completed your study program
  • were eligible to work off-campus without a work permit while studying and you didn’t work more hours than you were allowed to
If these don’t apply to you, you must wait until your work permit arrives to begin your new job. It’s illegal to work in Canada without a permit.

If we refuse your work permit, you must stop working the day we notify you.

Reactions: Yaha14