+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec to Ontario

Jayant

Jul 29, 2011
Hello Friends...

I am an indian resident and want to move to canada-Ontario..when i consulted one the overseas consultant here, she advise me to go via Quebec,i.e I need to apply first for quebec PR and after a period of 2 yrs i can apply for Ontario PR.

My Question here is that is it possible to do so, and if yes then how much time will it take for the processing.??

Thanking you in anticipation...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. There is no Quebec or Ontario PR, it is Canada PR.

2. Quebec has it's own immigration classes as do many other provinces intended for people who want to settle in that province. They make you sign documents stating that your intention is to settle in that province but there is no minimum amount of time listed that you must stay there. Therefore it is common that people who do not intend to settle in that province apply there anyway because they qualify for that immigration class but once they get their PR, they do not actually settle there, at least not for long.

3. It is possible to do this as long as you never let anybody know that you do not intend to settle in Quebec. You should also land in Quebec once you get your PR and you should preferably stay for at least a few months so in case somebody asks you later if you intended to settle in Quebec at the time you landed, you can say that you stayed for a few months but couldn't find a job. If you had left within a week after landing and gone to Ontario, it would be very hard for you to maintain that you had intended to settle in Quebec all along and until the time of landing. They are not checking this right now as far as I know but they may in the future.

Jayant

Jul 29, 2011
Thanks Leon...

In that case I would also loke to know that what reasons do i need to give for not staying in Quebec and shifting to Onterio.

Also, do i need to give any test, like IELTS or any such Test for French Language??, if not what proofs r to be attched for Scoring Language Proficiancy Points while applying.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jayant said:
Thanks Leon...

In that case I would also loke to know that what reasons do i need to give for not staying in Quebec and shifting to Onterio.

Also, do i need to give any test, like IELTS or any such Test for French Language??, if not what proofs r to be attched for Scoring Language Proficiancy Points while applying.
You do not have to give any reason for not staying in Quebec unless somebody asks.

Quebec skilled worker is for people intending to settle in Quebec. You should never let on to anybody during the application process or during landing that this is not your plan. You should land in Quebec and give a Quebec address for your PR card.

Currently they are not checking up on people who have already landed as PR's as far as I know so it is possible that you could get away with moving right away after landing with no ill effects. It is however risky because they might start following up in the future. Imagine if one day, someone asks you why you did not stay in Quebec. If they can trace you as having stayed in Quebec for at least 2-3 months, having applied for your SIN there and health care, you can say that you looked for jobs but couldn't find one and that is why you left. If they however trace you as having moved to Ontario a few days after landing and having applied for a SIN and health care there, it would be very hard for you to say that you really intended to settle in Quebec at the time you landed. In that case, it would mean that they know you lied about your intentions when you landed and that can cost you your PR.

As for language tests, you need to follow Quebec immigration guidelines on that. You will find their website here: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html

Jayant

Jul 29, 2011
I have been told that I need to show financial Sufficiancy, i.e. proof of fund of Rs.1,50,000/- (Cannadian dollars $ 3200 approx),

My Question is that when do i need to show this funds??, i.e while applying, few months before applying or while going to quebec?

Dose Stocks and Mutual Funds units are considered for such funds??

I have done my Master's In Commerce (Distance Learning), and also a Software course (GNIIT) from Private Institution (NIIT), and i have experience of 2yrs as Geographic Technician (Maps).

Is there any occupation list, like in case of FSW, under which i can only apply based on my Bachlor's Degree of Commerce??

B'coz the consultants told me that i will have to show the 2 yrs experience in Accounts field, and not as Geographic Technician and then only my application will be accepted..