+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC PNP APPLICANT REAL CASE - HELP NEEDED

octhavio

Jan 4, 2012
BRAZIL
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alright! I decided to apply for the Quebec PNP! I'd like to show you my approach on my qualifications and eligibility to this program, so I am going to describe my qualifications along with the points awarded for the said category and if you find anything that I am approaching wrongly please let me know:

Training

I have a Bachelor Degree in Business Adm from a Brazilian institution. So I get 10 points for Undergraduate diploma attesting to 3 or more years of full-time studies and in terms of field of training I fall under Section c of the areas, therefore 6 points for that.

TOTAL OF 16 POINTS

Work Experience

I have around 16 months of experience in my current job and 14 months of experience on my previous job (I have more exp than that, but I'm counting the most relevant in terms of length). Therefore, 30 months = 6 points.

TOTAL OF 6 POINTS

I am 22 years old, so I get 16 points for that.

TOTAL OF 16 POINTS

Language Proficiency

This is a complicated topic for me. Not in terms of English or French quality. But in terms of certificates shananigans.

I speak English fluently on four of the different areas: writing, reading, speaking and listening. BUT I currently have no IELTS certificate. SO, before applying SHOULD I GET THE IELTS CERTIFICATE? Or can I just put on the form that I am an advanced speaker and then I am good to go?!

I am starting to learn French now, I have no certificates of any sort of level. But I think that by the time I actually arrive in Canada I will be OK in French. So what do I put in my application?

So for this criteria I'll consider that I have already gotten my IELTS Certificate and I scored sufficiently to proove that I am a fluent speaker, therefore I'll consider for this part only 6 points and NOTHING for French.

TOTAL OF 6 POINTS

Financial Self-Sufficiency

I have the $2889.00 CAD required to get the point in this Criteria.

TOTAL OF 1 POINT

As I'm single, have no job offer and no stay nor family in Canada, I think that's it.

ALL OF THAT leaves me with 45 POINTS.

What do you guys think, am I eligible? Let's brainstorm on my case!!!

rasein

Dec 16, 2010
Boston, MA, US
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal (CSQ) & Buffalo (Federal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/01/2011
AOR Received.
03/10/2011
Without French Certification they are not going accept your application...its a new rule

rasein

Dec 16, 2010
Boston, MA, US
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal (CSQ) & Buffalo (Federal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/01/2011
AOR Received.
03/10/2011
rasein said:
Without French Certification they are not going accept your application...its a new rule
Please put your ASK here...there are so many people to Help

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/quebec-applicants-lets-share-experience-t37196.0.html

its very Active discussion thread..