+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Investor Category (400,000)

deepdive

Dec 6, 2012
Hi guys,
I have applied under the Quebec Investor Category (400K). I had applied in Sep'10 and
my interview is scheduled in Feb'13. The following are my queries: -

1. I want to postpone my interview. Can i do that without affecting my application ?
And if so for how long will it be postponed ?
My Agent is advising against it and is of the opinion that it may get postponed for
3 years.Also he says that the interview may or may not get postponed !

2. My Son was 21 yrs dependent and a full time student when i applied in Sep'10 and today
he is 23 yrs dependent but dropped out of college to pursue MBA from Canada. He has taken
GMAT and IELTS and is in the process of applying to MBA Schools. My agent says that he has
to be a full time student to be qualified in the application. but he is really dependent
on me so
(i) how can i make sure that he qualifies in the application ?
(ii) My Son will be applying for Student Visa in July'12. Will the PR Application
affect his Student Visa in any way or vice versa ?

Thankyou so much for helping guys !!

jsef

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
1. I want to postpone my interview. Can i do that without affecting my application ?
And if so for how long will it be postponed ?
My Agent is advising against it and is of the opinion that it may get postponed for
3 years.Also he says that the interview may or may not get postponed ! My advice: do not postpone it if possible. Those applications take a while, the sooner you get it done with, the better.

2. My Son was 21 yrs dependent and a full time student when i applied in Sep'10 and today
he is 23 yrs dependent but dropped out of college to pursue MBA from Canada. He has taken
GMAT and IELTS and is in the process of applying to MBA Schools. My agent says that he has
to be a full time student to be qualified in the application. but he is really dependent
on me so
(i) how can i make sure that he qualifies in the application ? As your agent has told you, he HAS to be enrolled full time, regardless of how much he is dependent on you. I have the same problem, we had applied in 09, and since that time, I've finished my BA, MA (in Canada), and now enrolled in a full time graduate diploma (in Canada too) so that I can remain on my family's file. There is no other choice, unless his MBA is a two-year program, then when he graduates, he can apply for PR in CEC. That is what I advise he does, by the way, I now terribly regret having to stay registered at school (because of how much it costs for an int'l student).
(ii) My Son will be applying for Student Visa in July'12. Will the PR Application
affect his Student Visa in any way or vice versa ? You'd think the PR application might somewhat positively impact his application for a student visa, but no, it does not. As long as he shows sufficient funds, he'll be granted a visa. Look at it this way, you have the money, and you'll be paying international student tuition fees - more $ for them.

Best of luck.