28-07-2012
Passport Req..
20-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
14-10-2012
Hi,

I've lived in Canada for 3 years now and have worked the majority of the time in NOCs classifies as 122x Skill level B, with an IELTS of 8 (just in case that matters).
My previous employer didn't manage to obtain an LMO for my position so I went into restoration status and finally got a low-skill position to bridge the time from then until I hopefully get PR unter CEC.

I was just laid off from that low-skill position, because turns out that if you are on probabtion and know your rights, e.g. that they can't threaten you with deportation or demand your passport and you point that out to them (doesn't seem to matter if it is kept highly professionally), they can still fire you for "having a bad attitude".

So anyway, I don't have a job because of that and they basically told me:

1. that I have to leave the country - which I think is wrong, coz I got a valid work permit, even though it's employer bound and I obviously can not work until I get a new one, but I believe I can stay, at least for right now.

2. That my work permit would have expired at the end of March anyway because the LMO is up....but my work permit has a date in 2013 printed on it, so are they just trying to confuse me or is the LMO further bound to the work permit, even though it clearly has a 2013 date on it.

3. Considering that I lived here for 3 years and had valid work permits and paid all my taxes etc, is there a possibility to get assistance while I am looking for a new position and where would I have to go to actually try to do that?

4. I need a new job, so if you happen to read this and happen to have a job available or know of a job that's available with an LMO for an employee with very good references, but apparently a bad attitude because I didn't want to hand over my passport, feel free to let me know. ;D