+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Q] Upfront Medical after submitting the Application for Study Permit

amazingpaddy

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Hi Friends,

I am Indian living in Singapore.
I have submitted the study permit on October 29th and biometrics done on November 2nd. There is no update after that to my application.
But few people submitted their biometrics same day as me got update that "IRCC started reviewing their eligibility". When I checked with them they told they have done upfront medical and it has passed.

So looks like, application is processed soon if upfront medical is submitted. So now I made an appointment with clinic to submit my medicals. Clinic has asked to provide IME number to bring on appointment day. What is that IME number and how to get it ?

And also, Can I proceed with upfront medical (without IME number) even though I submitted my application already ? Will it cause any issue ?

Kimmykay

Mar 26, 2022
Hi Friends,

I am Indian living in Singapore.
I have submitted the study permit on October 29th and biometrics done on November 2nd. There is no update after that to my application.
But few people submitted their biometrics same day as me got update that "IRCC started reviewing their eligibility". When I checked with them they told they have done upfront medical and it has passed.

So looks like, application is processed soon if upfront medical is submitted. So now I made an appointment with clinic to submit my medicals. Clinic has asked to provide IME number to bring on appointment day. What is that IME number and how to get it ?

And also, Can I proceed with upfront medical (without IME number) even though I submitted my application already ? Will it cause any issue ?
How did you proceed? What happened to your application?

disha2406

Star Member
Mar 18, 2022
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
India
App. Filed.......
02-04-2022
Med's Request
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
19-04-2022
Yes, you can straight away book your medical appointment and after completion, upload it via webform. Some people do that.

Kimmykay

Mar 26, 2022
Yes, you can straight away book your medical appointment and after completion, upload it via webform. Some people do that.
where do you get the the Medical Report form (IMM 1017E) if IRCC has not yet sent you to request and want to do from the clinic?

amazingpaddy

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
How did you proceed? What happened to your application?
Updating medical via webform didn't work for me. I sent a mail to Immigration with details and they updated it. you need to find out in which immigration office your visa application is being processed, then send a mail to them with details and medical attachment

Reactions: Kimmykay

Kimmykay

Mar 26, 2022
Updating medical via webform didn't work for me. I sent a mail to Immigration with details and they updated it. you need to find out in which immigration office your visa application is being processed, then send a mail to them with details and medical attachment
Thanks a lot for your info