File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
I became a PR in Jan.2013 and want to apply for my 3 girls to come and visit in August.2014...

Has anyone ever done this? I know they have to satisfy the requirements just as any tourist but is there any added documents I can provide for extra proof?

Do I need to include a note from their mother stating that she allows them to come? Their ages are 11, 16 and 18. Will they need one when they arrive at the airport, they will be arriving by air by themselves...

Thanks!

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itscoezy said:
Do I need to include a note from their mother stating that she allows them to come? Their ages are 11, 16 and 18. Will they need one when they arrive at the airport, they will be arriving by air by themselves...

Thanks!
Absolutely yes. All children under the age of 18 travelling without their parents will require to include permission letter from their parents allowing them to travel to Canada. In this case, they are travelling to you and therefore, they will require permission letter from their mother. The 18-year old will not need that, only the 11 year old and the 16 year old. Once you start going through the forms of the TRV application, you will see this issue explained.

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
itscoezy said:
I became a PR in Jan.2013 and want to apply for my 3 girls to come and visit in August.2014...

Has anyone ever done this? I know they have to satisfy the requirements just as any tourist but is there any added documents I can provide for extra proof?

Thanks!
Make sure to address the concern that the visa officer may have about your children staying longer than they are allowed to, as they have a family tie with you. Its not a deal breaker, however make sure to cover that in your application.

Good luck!

maplemango

Aug 14, 2013
Have their mother write the letter of consent for travel and bring it to a Notary Public just to be on the safe side. The fact that their mother is staying back home should be a strong proof of family ties to their country.

One important thing to get for their applications are letters of leave from their schools. Schools can confirm their enrollment, grant a leave of absence for the duration of the trip, and also show that they expect your children to resume their studies upon their return.

You may also want to answer ahead of time why you chose not to sponsor your family for PR, and explain that your children overstaying on this trip could create problems in the future if they eventually apply for PR.

Which country are your children applying from?