+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pwgp question!!

harryberry

Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone,

I had a question about pgwp. So I finish my Associate of Science from Douglas College (Vancouver) in August 2019. I was full-time throughout the two year program but in Winter 2018, after registering for three courses, I had to go back home because of some financial problems and I came back after 20 days. I joined my classes said semester but had to withdraw because of my absence otherwise I’d get a UN grade (I was unaware of the effect this would have on my pgwp at that point). So I was part-time for Winter 2018 but I still managed to get a good gpa and finish my program in two years. Now, I’m going to apply for pgwp in September 2019 right after I get the official graduation letter from college. I know the rules have been updated and I’m wondering if my being part-time will negatively affect my application of pgwp and what I should do if I get a refusal. My study permit expires Nov. 30, 2019.

Please let me know! Any help is appreciated! :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I had a question about pgwp. So I finish my Associate of Science from Douglas College (Vancouver) in August 2019. I was full-time throughout the two year program but in Winter 2018, after registering for three courses, I had to go back home because of some financial problems and I came back after 20 days. I joined my classes said semester but had to withdraw because of my absence otherwise I’d get a UN grade (I was unaware of the effect this would have on my pgwp at that point). So I was part-time for Winter 2018 but I still managed to get a good gpa and finish my program in two years. Now, I’m going to apply for pgwp in September 2019 right after I get the official graduation letter from college. I know the rules have been updated and I’m wondering if my being part-time will negatively affect my application of pgwp and what I should do if I get a refusal. My study permit expires Nov. 30, 2019.

Please let me know! Any help is appreciated! :)
Unfortunately if you were part-time and it wasn’t the last semester you could be denied pgwp. You’ll have to wait and see. It will be up to the visa officer. If you do get a refusal you can attempt to see if an employer will get hire you after getting an LMIA and you applying for a work permit.

Reactions: harryberry

harryberry

Aug 1, 2019
Unfortunately if you were part-time and it wasn’t the last semester you could be denied pgwp. You’ll have to wait and see. It will be up to the visa officer. If you do get a refusal you can attempt to see if an employer will get hire you after getting an LMIA and you applying for a work permit.
Thanks for your reply @canuck78. Is there any other way to extend my stay in Canada if I get a refusal other than getting LMIA? Can you please advise something if possible? I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!