+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Psoriatic arthritis

Syedasyed

Apr 19, 2018
I want to migrate to Canada from India but I have disability (psoriatic arthritis). I am a woman of 30 years of age. Am I eligible to migrate to Canada? If so then under which migration scheme shall I apply. I want to do a job there and get PR also.

Syedasyed

Apr 19, 2018
Thank you canuck78 for the reply, there is one more question please do reply, if whether my skills and education makes me eligible for immigration than my health issue will not be in count.
I am a graduate majoring in psychology, currently doing job as an assistant manager in a reputed company. I am having 4 years of experience as an assistant manager in a consultancy. Besides this I am pursuing B.Ed i.e bacholars in education. Simultaneously I am completing my librarian course (Blisc) this year. Am I eligible?
I have heard that there is some change in migration rules for disabled candidates, it's not that much strict now. Please advise me and please check the link also.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2018/04/government-of-canada-brings-medical-inadmissibility-policyin-line-with-inclusivity-for-persons-with-disabilities.html

Reactions: Snehalvas

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No being a professional doesn't mean that you can't be medically inadmissible. As I mentioned in my original post it will be dependent on your medication costs and disease control. The cost of medication for autoimmune diseases are usually quiet high. It is a case by case basis.