+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRV application problem due to a demand for a non-reproducible document

sherwinorlose

Oct 17, 2012
hi, i received a letter from the embassy requiring me to submit an "Original NSO Advisory on Marriages" and an "NBI Certificate" both having August 15, 1961 as my date of birth.

ok here's the problem, August 15, 1961 was my date of birth as shown in my BIRTH CERTIFICATE. but that's not my actual birth date, it was an error in registration. and so, i didnt use August 15, 1961 as my date of birth in any other documents. and that includes the documents i mentioned above, where instead, i used December 25, 1961 as my date of birth which is the real one.

knowing that this will bring conflict to my documents, i had my birth certificate corrected at the local civil registry in the province i was born. after it was successfully corrected, i sent all the documents asked by the embassy to be submitted.

but because i corrected my birth certificate only recently, the embassy wants me to provide a copy of the above documents using August 15, 1961 as my date of birth. since those documents were already issued years before i corrected my birth certificate, they are probably thinking that im holding old copies of those documents.

im having a hard time dealing with it, because in fact, those documents with August 15, 1961 as my date of birth never really existed. as i said earlier, i never used it anywhere else.

the letter from the embassy says "only original documents or, when unavailable, certified documents are acceptable"

- first, i do not have the original documents that could satisfy their demand (above said documents).
- i cant produce certified documents. as far as i know, a certified document is a copy of an original document where it is certified by other people (someone who knows me personally, or could be a notary public) to be a true copy of the original document. i cannot produce it simply because the original document is not existing..

any idea, comments, suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thanks..

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
May I ask first - what docs were you using when you entered/enrolled in school? Also what birthdate is on your passport? What docs did you submit when you obtained your passport?

sherwinorlose

Oct 17, 2012
Thanks ragluf. i dont really know what documents were used when i entered school, i only finished elementary and never entered high school. the birthdate in my passport is December 25, 1961. i used my birth certificate and NBI clearance for applying. by the way, i already had my birth certificate corrected before getting a passport..

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well this presents a problem. Only thing to do is still you have to reply to the embassy request and explain this as you described it below, in as much details as possible. Perhaps the question here is for the VO to ascertain that the details are correct on your birth date. We do not know how the embassy found details of your 'old birth date'; if they made a query with the NSO, they should be getting your corrected details. You have an authenticated Birth Certificate from the NSO right? And what about documents returned to you when you had a response from the Civil Registrar - were there any sort of 'decisions' describing that this was an error they corrected? Perhaps you can use the same proofs you used when you had the birth certificate corrected - affidavits etc.

Best way forward is to engage the services of a lawyer. They will instruct you how to proceed properly in how to provide proof of identity beyond that of what you have now.

/hope this helps....