+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD with new passport?

ammeg2014

Dec 27, 2018
I got PR as a FSW, I activated it with a soft landing in January 2020. Due to Covid I have remained in the UK since then but I am planning my move over next year.

I didn't get issued a PR card when I landed so I need to get a PRTD to travel back.

Please can someone tell me the basic process for this? I can't get my head around it on the government website.

Does anyone also know how long the PRTD is valid for once I have it, ie. if it was issued tomorrow how long do I have to use it for travel before it expires? And how long does it take to get it, waiting time for appointments etc?

I also had to renew my passport since January 2020 so now I have a new passport. Do I need to inform anyone before I apply for the PRTD?

Thank you :)

Subtledreamer

Feb 7, 2023
I got PR as a FSW, I activated it with a soft landing in January 2020. Due to Covid I have remained in the UK since then but I am planning my move over next year.

I didn't get issued a PR card when I landed so I need to get a PRTD to travel back.

Please can someone tell me the basic process for this? I can't get my head around it on the government website.

Does anyone also know how long the PRTD is valid for once I have it, ie. if it was issued tomorrow how long do I have to use it for travel before it expires? And how long does it take to get it, waiting time for appointments etc?

I also had to renew my passport since January 2020 so now I have a new passport. Do I need to inform anyone before I apply for the PRTD?

Thank you :)
Hello, were you able to get your PRTD in your new passport without any issues? Kind of in a similar boat