+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Singapore office

ratsalad

May 1, 2019
Yes, I had included 2 photographs. Details about the photographs were in the document checklist that came with the application form.
Thanks for your update. My application was delayed at vfs due to didn't send photos in. I used the new checklist on ircc website that didn't require photos but vfs said they do need. Jus submitted the photos couple hours ago.

Im a bit worried because flight is on 23 Aug. When you received update from vfs with the initial tracking code was it around 4 something pm Singapore time?

chlo.eee

Mar 18, 2016
I had applied for my PRTD in the end of June. PRTD applications in Singapore need to go through VFS.

I did the following

- Downloaded the forms needed from the website and filled them up even before going to Singapore.
- Went down to VFS Singapore to confirm the documents needed, the amount to pay and where to send the application. There is a PRTD processing fee that needs to be paid online and additional charges that need to be paid to VFS. The application needs to be mailed to VFS. You can probably call them as well but I was more comfortable talking to them in person.
- Mailed my application to VFS (using speed post). Depending on the time you go to the post office, the delivery is usually done the next day. Once VFS receives the application, they give you a tracking number that you can use to track the progress of your application.
- VFS sends the application to the embassy. I got a notification that my PRTD was approved 2 days after VFS sent it to the Embassy.
- After 2 more days, I got my passport. Took 1 day for the embassy to return my passport to VFS and 1 more day for VFS to courier my passport to me.

So, in total, I got my passport in 5 days time.
Hi @the_witcher, this is so helpful for those of us from Malaysia, as our applications go through VFS SG. I was wondering if the passport is mailed with the application? Or is the passport request made after application is approved?

747hkg

Nov 28, 2022
Hi @the_witcher, this is so helpful for those of us from Malaysia, as our applications go through VFS SG. I was wondering if the passport is mailed with the application? Or is the passport request made after application is approved?
Hi @chlo.eee , I'm wondering if you were able to get a PRTD through the Malaysia VFS? I may need to do the same next month and looking to get info on processing time.

Asia Mystery

Mar 18, 2023
It took exactly 6 days from submission to receiving my multi-entry and 2-year PRTD.
1. Download all the forms
2. 13 March 2023 went to the VFS Visa Application Centre (Cecile Street) to submit the documents
3. 14 March 2023 the Canadian High commission received the application form
4. 16 March 2023 the Canadian High Commission made the decision (i.e. PRTD granted)
5. 18 March 2023 received by courier the passport with new PRTD (this is my second PRTD; side note I"ve been waiting 2 years for my PR card renewal, but IRCC in Canada has failed miserably in their service standards - this is a reflection of PM Trudeau and his ministerial bodies not taking any accountability). Trudeau must go!!!

Costs: CAD 50 for PRTD application+ SGD 90 to use VFS services

The IRCC Singapore office is so much better than IRCC in Canada.
You probably could save one day in picking up the passport from the VFS Visa Appln Centre - but they sold me on the idea to use their courier services. I'm guessing VFS receives a kick back from the courier service.