+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD - PR CARD delayed because of photos

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
My wife and kids haven't received the PR card because of photos, we have resent the photos but no updates.

We are currently in USA, so technically we can drive to canada and make entry with a signed COPR. But, we have plans to visit India and travel to Canada from India. Is it possible that we apply for PRTD from USA, and use it when we fly from India to Canada or is it country dependent?

fkmahs

Mar 10, 2020
PRTD is not country dependent. You can fly into Canada from any location using a valid PRTD.

Dansal

Star Member
Oct 4, 2022
My wife and kids haven't received the PR card because of photos, we have resent the photos but no updates.

We are currently in USA, so technically we can drive to canada and make entry with a signed COPR. But, we have plans to visit India and travel to Canada from India. Is it possible that we apply for PRTD from USA, and use it when we fly from India to Canada or is it country dependent?
Hello, did your family get their Pr cards?? How much time did it take and how did you contact the ircc?
we landed in jan 2023 & my husband & son got their in feb and I haven’t received mine since 6months.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, did your family get their Pr cards?? How much time did it take and how did you contact the ircc?
we landed in jan 2023 & my husband & son got their in feb and I haven’t received mine since 6months.
In worst cases I've seen, it's 9 months from landing.

Dansal

Star Member
Oct 4, 2022

Hello, could you please share your experience. They’re asking for my photos now after 7 months!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@steaky could you please what to do when they ask for photos after 7 months of landing for initial PR card. I am not even in Canada.
You can ignore the request and reapply for the card again when you are to live in Canada.