+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD on CORP

Sep 19, 2017
Hello,

I got my Confirmation Of Permanent Residence in April 2006, I have landed Canada in Nov and became PR but return to my home country for some reason and lost PR. But my other family member could not landed Canada and CORP expired. Can my Son (17 + years of age) apply PRTD on HC ground based on CORP as he is was minor at that time.

Can anyone in the forum suggest please? Thanks in Advance

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Based on your previous posts, if your son did not land and activate his permenent residence in 2008 (or anytime before the expiry date on the COPR and immigration visa)he isn’t a PR. My feeling is he has no option to apply for H&C as that course of action isn’t available to him as a foreign national. Had he completed his landing, he would have had a very good chance of success at an H&C claim. I don’t see any options for him at this point in time. Others can correct me if I am seeing this wrong.

Reactions: scylla

Sep 19, 2017
Based on your previous posts, if your son did not land and activate his permenent residence in 2008 (or anytime before the expiry date on the COPR and immigration visa)he isn’t a PR. My feeling is he has no option to apply for H&C as that course of action isn’t available to him as a foreign national. Had he completed his landing, he would have had a very good chance of success at an H&C claim. I don’t see any options for him at this point in time. Others can correct me if I am seeing this wrong.
Thanks ... I also feel so, so he has to start from beginning. Is there any chance to appeal?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks ... I also feel so, so he has to start from beginning. Is there any chance to appeal?
There's nothing to appeal. Appeals are when you've applied for something and CIC has refused you. In your son's case, he can't apply for a PRTD since he never landed, never used his COPR and never became a PR. PRTDs can only be issued to individuals who are PRs. Your son simply doesn't qualify. It's a shame he didn't land back in 2006. If he had - then he might have options now. But of course that's water under the bridge.

If he wishes to immigrate, he will need to apply for PR from scratch through an economic stream like Express Entry.