+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD- No COPR

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is a question in the form for PRTD which asks if the applicant was ever issued a RRT (Returning Resident Permit) or a Travel Document? Yes or No.
If the applicant was a Study permit holder or Work permit holder in the past, then should the answer be yes because Canadian Work visa or Study visa from the past is a travel document right? Thank you
Just want to clarify that they weren’t asking if he has already received a PRTD Versus TRV. Very hard comment without seeing the question and the other questions.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I stayed there for three months , though the tenancy agreement was for six months. Due to emergency , i had to return and cut short the lease. How would i prove that my children were with me? I have there signed COPR , would that suffice?
Their passports would suffice. Your rental lease from Canada doesn’t prove much either way. Hopefully you spoke to your landlord. Most are required to pay to get out of a lease early.

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Just want to clarify that they weren’t asking if he has already received a PRTD Versus TRV. Very hard comment without seeing the question and the other questions.
Can I request you to review the questions mentioned in section 13 of imm5524e as part of the PRTD application package?
There are 4 questions for which they expect a Yes or No tick mark and explanation if ticking Yes.
That is the confusion part for me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can I request you to review the questions mentioned in section 13 of imm5524e as part of the PRTD application package?
There are 4 questions for which they expect a Yes or No tick mark and explanation if ticking Yes.
That is the confusion part for me.
please post them here

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
please post them here
Sure. Following are the questions from section 13 of imm5524e:
A. Were there any terms and conditions applied to you at the time you were granted permanent residence or landed in Canada - Yes or No

B. Have you ever lost your status as a permanent resident of Canada? - Yes or No.

C. Have you ever submitted an appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division of the IRB against a decision on the residency obligation? Yes or No.

D. Have you ever been issued a Returning Resident Permit or a Travel Document? - Yes or No.

If yes to any of the question, then explain.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sure. Following are the questions from section 13 of imm5524e:
A. Were there any terms and conditions applied to you at the time you were granted permanent residence or landed in Canada - Yes or No

B. Have you ever lost your status as a permanent resident of Canada? - Yes or No.

C. Have you ever submitted an appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division of the IRB against a decision on the residency obligation? Yes or No.

D. Have you ever been issued a Returning Resident Permit or a Travel Document? - Yes or No.

If yes to any of the question, then explain.
Think the answer is actually no If you have never had a PRTD. These questions arE PR specific. Believe they are asking whether you have ever received a PRTD.