+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD multiple entries?

massprvan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
I read that this may be possible but wondering if anyone had any real experience with requesting a Multiple entry PRTD?

We are waiting on our PR Cards(like most people)
My wife is flying back to Thailand in 3 weeks and will be there for 2 months, so I would hope that's enough time for a PRTD

The only issue is that she gets back to Canada on June 10th and we need to go to a family wedding in the US on July 2

We will only be in the US for a week so doubtful enough time to apply and get a new PRTD

So has anyone ever gotten a multiple entry PRTD?

Thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She would not need a PR card to enter Canada via a land border (PoE) when returning from the wedding. She would provide whatever documents she has to the CBSA officer attesting that she has PR status.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So has anyone ever gotten a multiple entry PRTD?
For your trip back from USA, she's covered either way - usually they issue multiple-entry PRTDs (as far as I'm aware), and at any rate if coming by a land border, she'll be okay with just the COPR.

massprvan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
She would not need a PR card to enter Canada via a land border (PoE) when returning from the wedding. She would provide whatever documents she has to the CBSA officer attesting that she has PR status.
Yes but we would want to fly back

If needed we can fly to and from Seattle but would prefer not to

Thanks

massprvan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
For your trip back from USA, she's covered either way - usually they issue multiple-entry PRTDs (as far as I'm aware), and at any rate if coming by a land border, she'll be okay with just the COPR.
Yeah I just came back by land 2 days ago and asked if my wife with Thai passport can do the same and he said yes

It's an option but we'd prefer to fly from and back right to Vancouver

But if we have to not the end of the world

Thanks

These PR cards are a pain in the ass

Reactions: armoured