Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience in applying for a PRTD in Indonesia?

I'm going to (or hoping to go to) Bali on Oct 5th and returning on October 19th. Two weeks ago I realized my PR card expired in July 2018 :(. I immediately applied for a renewal but the processing time is 86 days. There is no way I'm getting the renewed PR card on time. I started looking into a PRTD from Jakarta once I reached Bali. I called the VAC and it seems like if I apply in person in the Jakarta VAC, there's a good chance I'll get in in 5 business days after. (I was initially going to apply in Surabaya since it was closer to Bali)

My concern is:
- Will I have trouble even leaving Toronto? (do they check PR card when leaving?)
- Do I need an appointment for the Jakarta VAC to submit my application? Usually Vac's require appointments but I can't seem to find any place where I can do this.
- Should I take my chances? My flights are non refundable and I saved up for 2 years to go :confused:, but what if I get stuck in Bali o_O
-Do they give PRTD to an expired PR card?
-I have a transit in Taiwan on the way back, can I exit for 12 hour with a PRTD?

If anyone can provide any bit of advise or experience in any way, that would greatly help.

Thanks!

Ssparkles

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) no issues in Toronto
2) no idea. Check with VAC if appointment requires
3) if you have US visa, you can enter Canada by foot or car
4) if you are eligible, they will give PRTD
5) Ask border control in Taiwan, perhaps. What pp do you hold?

arnoldlev

Jul 26, 2013
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience in applying for a PRTD in Indonesia?

I'm going to (or hoping to go to) Bali on Oct 5th and returning on October 19th. Two weeks ago I realized my PR card expired in July 2018 :(. I immediately applied for a renewal but the processing time is 86 days. There is no way I'm getting the renewed PR card on time. I started looking into a PRTD from Jakarta once I reached Bali. I called the VAC and it seems like if I apply in person in the Jakarta VAC, there's a good chance I'll get in in 5 business days after. (I was initially going to apply in Surabaya since it was closer to Bali)

My concern is:
- Will I have trouble even leaving Toronto? (do they check PR card when leaving?)
- Do I need an appointment for the Jakarta VAC to submit my application? Usually Vac's require appointments but I can't seem to find any place where I can do this.
- Should I take my chances? My flights are non refundable and I saved up for 2 years to go :confused:, but what if I get stuck in Bali o_O
-Do they give PRTD to an expired PR card?
-I have a transit in Taiwan on the way back, can I exit for 12 hour with a PRTD?

If anyone can provide any bit of advise or experience in any way, that would greatly help.

Thanks!

Ssparkles

Hi,

I have similar issues as you.
What did you end up doing?
Can you share your experience with the PRTD?

Thank you.

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
Nov 8, 2012 & March 19, 2013
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
Hi,

I have similar issues as you.
What did you end up doing?
Can you share your experience with the PRTD?

Thank you.
Hi arnoldlev,

Well someone at the time told me to go to the canadian consulate and appeal to get the PR urgently. When we went there, security wouldn't let us in and directed us to the VAC. However the place was completely empty and after several requests they let us meet someone.

The guy at the consulate was very nice to us and he explained that if there was an earthquake (which isn't uncommon) or if a volcano erupted all over the place (again not uncommon) or someone died (which happens) he would gladly give me an urgent waiver. However if i'm sipping martini's on the beach (which is what we were doing), he can't quite put me in the urgent category. He said it with such candor that we were laughing too. :p But he said to go to the VAC and submit it and he'll look out for it as he would get it the next day.

So we went to the vac and submitted almost everything. Phone bills, bank statements, what not. It was a lot i submitted, according to the checklist making sure I didn't miss anything.

and sure enough I got the renewed PR card by post to the air b&b I was staying at. It took about 5 days or so if I remember correctly.

Hope this is helpful. I would suggest you still go to the high commission as then the person knows to look out for you.

All the best!