+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Inquiry

na71

Mar 27, 2018
Hi All, my wife and I received our COPRs on April 9th, 2021, and delivered photos for PR card on April 24 to Etobicoke office but did not get our cards yet. There is no update to our card status at all. We are traveling to Bangladesh end of Oct and would require to apply for PRTD to travel back to Canada. I have following questions regarding the PRTD application:
1. During the last 5 years we have lived more than 730 days in Canada on work permit but does not meet the 730 days requirement after becoming PR. Can we use the work permit days to meet residency obligation?
2. If above is not possible, we don't have 730 post-PR days in Canada but I am definitely returning back as I have my full-time job here. Can I provide my job details to be exempted for residency obligation? Will bank details, rental lease and utility bills also help to show my intention of returning to Canada?
3. Do I have to wirte a LOE?
4. What is the usual processing time of a PRTD?

Thank you in advance.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Since you just got your COPRs, I don't think you will have problem fulfilling your RO. You can sure apply for PRTD. You have up to 5 years from your landing day (i.e. when you get the COPRs or did the actual landing) to meet the RO.
That's April 2026.