+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRRA

arvink

Jan 12, 2020
Hi people , so i have been put on praa because i claimed in USA before coming to canada ,, and i already submitted my prra and submissions by 30th October so
i was just wondering what are my odds of getting a positive praa

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hi people , so i have been put on praa because i claimed in USA before coming to canada ,, and i already submitted my prra and submissions by 30th October so
i was just wondering what are my odds of getting a positive praa
Hey there - It's PRRA that you've applied for - Pre-Removal Risk Assessment - and it's impossible to say without knowing what nation you're from and what you allege will happen to you when you get off the plane after being deported.

If you didn't provide direct evidence of personal risk of persecution, torture and/or death then you're odds are pretty slim I'd say.

Statistics are that positive PRRA decisions are less than 5% but those are primarily cases where the applicant has had the full refugee treatment in Canada and failed. Yours is slightly different inasmuch as the Americans didn't believe you. Still, that decision will have significant weight attributed to it.

You may want to pack your bags.

arvink

Jan 12, 2020
So I was not denied by the Americans ,, i just left it because the wait time there is up to 5 years ,,, and yes I demonstrated persecution and death possibility in the claim so yeah

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
So I was not denied by the Americans ,, i just left it because the wait time there is up to 5 years ,,, and yes I demonstrated persecution and death possibility in the claim so yeah
You weren't denied, however you elected to leave a claim because of the wait . That'll work against you here, however you never answered the question of what country you're from

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Well, if it hasn't been previously adjudicated then your evidence will fall on fresh eyes. It may happen rapidly if you come from a western-styled democracy given the dynamics of authoritarian regimes versus countries where the rule of law is observed.

What sorts of evidence of personal risk, at the hands of a state agent, are you using to support your allegations? Take note, simple discriminatory practices won't cut it because your compelling evidence will have to conform to the description of risk inherent to s. 96 of IRPA.

Good luck if you're genuinely a Convention refugee, and good bye if you're not.

Reactions: Buletruck

arvink

Jan 12, 2020
Well, if it hasn't been previously adjudicated then your evidence will fall on fresh eyes. It may happen rapidly if you come from a western-styled democracy given the dynamics of authoritarian regimes versus countries where the rule of law is observed.

What sorts of evidence of personal risk, at the hands of a state agent, are you using to support your allegations? Take note, simple discriminatory practices won't cut it because your compelling evidence will have to conform to the description of risk inherent to s. 96 of IRPA.

Good luck if you're genuinely a Convention refugee, and good bye if you're not.

Moyo711

Aug 8, 2018
Hey brother I got my Positive PRRA GOD is great .. thanks for the uplift
Did you get a phone interview? How long after did you get the notice in the mail for the face to face? Did they give you the decision when you went fr the face to face? My mother is waiting for her notice in the mail. Appreciate the info.

Reactions: Pear23

arvink

Jan 12, 2020
Did you get a phone interview? How long after did you get the notice in the mail for the face to face? Did they give you the decision when you went fr the face to face? My mother is waiting for her notice in the mail. Appreciate the info.
They called me at the office and I picked up mine . But u have to notice that my PRRA was different in away that it was the first time immigration Canada looked at my case so if your mum had gone through the others I don’t know the procedure for that

TNtsima

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
They called me at the office and I picked up mine . But u have to notice that my PRRA was different in away that it was the first time immigration Canada looked at my case so if your mum had gone through the others I don’t know the procedure for that
What kind of questions do they ask whrn they call you in to give you the decision?