+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Proving relationship will continue" on application

tom_from_sk

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
We are working our OUTLAND application for my wife and she is a US citizen.

We have been together for 2.5 years and been married for 1 month. What have others put down for their evidence of their relationship continuing in the future? We can write about our relationship, faith, family, etc... but just wondering what others are putting down for this.

Thank you to anyone who is able to help!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tom_from_sk said:
We are working our OUTLAND application for my wife and she is a US citizen.

We have been together for 2.5 years and been married for 1 month. What have others put down for their evidence of their relationship continuing in the future? We can write about our relationship, faith, family, etc... but just wondering what others are putting down for this.

Thank you to anyone who is able to help!
It's not needed, but you can always tell them that "you love each other". ;)

All CIC seems to care about is whether or not the relationship in genuine now...and will `assume' that it continues.

However...since you've only been married for one month (congratulations by the way), she will likely have a `Condition: 51' on her CoPR document. This simply means that you must stay together for at least 2 years and that, if for some reason you do not, her PR could be in jeopardy.

Good luck!

tom_from_sk

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Thank you Ponga. My wife did not realize this, so she was starting to draft a page and was wondering how to word something like this...

SuiGeneris

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Ponga is right.

The goal is simply to convince CIC that your relationship is real.

I've also been with my partner since Sept 2012 and got married last month. I developed my case with the intent of showing CIC the raw love I share with my husband. After reviewing my case critically, I'm confident that our love is evident. I provided letters, chat logs, pictures, travel tickets, calling history, gift giving history, money transfer history, etc.

That's all you can do!