+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROVINCIAL NOMINEE (SINP) PR TO MOVE TO ANOTHER PROVINCE.URGENT INFO NEEDED

Jul 6, 2013
Hi,

I urgently need information and advice on the following matter, and i'd be grateful if anyone can help me out with this.

I just recently moved to the province of Saskatchewan (2 months back). Me and my family are landed PRs and provincial nominees under the Family Class.
I like it here but the field i'm associated with is MEDIA (Audio / Video) for which there are no avenues as such here in Regina nor Saskatoon. I can find freelance work in Toronto and that is where I'd like to move so that I can start making a living, since I already have connections there.

From my end, I contacted SINP (by appointment) and CIC (by telephone) and they told me that it's ok if I move. I even consulted with a lawyer about the matter and I got a go ahead from him as well. But since i've been here i've met a lot of people (Pakistanis) who have had PRs of their relatives revoked just because they were Provincial Nominees and moved outside the province to work, or they were told to move back to their province that nominated them and besides that, number of XYZ reasons.

Obviously there is a small room for doubting things, but I cant take the risk, so I wanted to confirm whether this move will not affect my citizenship case when I apply after 3 years. I did spend approx 2 months, tried to make things work here, I want to stay here since I have family here but because of my profession I may need to move.

I'd really appreciate some insight on this matter. If I can move, is there anything I may be required to do ? Report to someone etc ?

Thank you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is nothing in the immigration manuals that states that you must stay in your PNP province for a certain amount of time. When you immigrated, you signed that you intend to settle in that province. This must be true when you applied and when you landed. After that, as far as I can tell, intentions can change and I can not see how immigration can fault you for not staying in that province if you can not find a job.

Do you have concrete example from these people you have talked to or are they stories of something that happened to a friend of a friend? I know that immigration officers are allowed to deny PR to people who land outside their PNP province and admit that they do not intend to live there. This is something that may have happened to some of the relatives. It is also possible if someone is a PNP applicant employer stream, not family, and quits the PNP job and leaves the province before getting their PR, they will lose their PR application.

However, I do feel that 2 months is a little short to give up. I think you should stay a bit longer and document your job search/failures before you go.

Jul 6, 2013
Hi Leon,

Thank you very much for your reply, appreciated.

I actually could have waited for more than 2 months but considering summer being over soon and enrolling kids in school is also an issue, plus there are no jobs as such over there in media, very limited ones that I can apply to.

If I do move to Toronto, do I need to have a job letter in hand before ? I actually ask this because I'm much of a freelancer, meaning I am hired by doing contractual part time jobs to produce something but that a,ways comes from places where the media circles are larger. I this case, what would you advice ?

Thanks once again

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would advise you to go to Toronto in person and see if you can land some jobs. Not that you have to have a letter in hand but just knowing that you can get one. If you are going to move, it is always better to move knowing you can get a job where you are moving too. There may be more jobs in Toronto but there are also more people applying for them.

Jul 6, 2013
Thanks Leon, appreciated :)
I actually still cant believe why these guys wouldnt give this all in writing ? (In conditions when one cant find work in his/her own respective field)

Krishnapatel3

Mar 22, 2017
Hi did you move to Toronto back in 2013? Did you get your citizenship? Any problem?
Hi,

I urgently need information and advice on the following matter, and i'd be grateful if anyone can help me out with this.

I just recently moved to the province of Saskatchewan (2 months back). Me and my family are landed PRs and provincial nominees under the Family Class.
I like it here but the field i'm associated with is MEDIA (Audio / Video) for which there are no avenues as such here in Regina nor Saskatoon. I can find freelance work in Toronto and that is where I'd like to move so that I can start making a living, since I already have connections there.

From my end, I contacted SINP (by appointment) and CIC (by telephone) and they told me that it's ok if I move. I even consulted with a lawyer about the matter and I got a go ahead from him as well. But since i've been here i've met a lot of people (Pakistanis) who have had PRs of their relatives revoked just because they were Provincial Nominees and moved outside the province to work, or they were told to move back to their province that nominated them and besides that, number of XYZ reasons.

Obviously there is a small room for doubting things, but I cant take the risk, so I wanted to confirm whether this move will not affect my citizenship case when I apply after 3 years. I did spend approx 2 months, tried to make things work here, I want to stay here since I have family here but because of my profession I may need to move.

I'd really appreciate some insight on this matter. If I can move, is there anything I may be required to do ? Report to someone etc ?

Thank you.