+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

provide certified true copy or original?

zqd9853572002

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Hi guys, I got a question when preparing my documents. You know, my school doesn't issue the English transcript, the school let us translate it into English by ourselves and the person will make a double check and then stamp on it. Will this document will treated as original? Well, I know it is not translated by a licensed person, but it is recognized by the school.

Moreover, I found in QSW application, the academic transcript requirement is "certified true copy", but can I submit a original copy of it? I can get the English transcript (as mentioned above, with stamp from school) as many as I want, so it is some weird if I make a copy of it and let the school sign and stamp on it as "certified true copy".

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
Documents' Update November 2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Processing: 14-03-2016 / Pre-Arrival Letter: 27/11/17
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
ما شاء الله لا قوة الا بالله
Hi guys, I got a question when preparing my documents. You know, my school doesn't issue the English transcript, the school let us translate it into English by ourselves and the person will make a double check and then stamp on it. Will this document will treated as original? Well, I know it is not translated by a licensed person, but it is recognized by the school.

Moreover, I found in QSW application, the academic transcript requirement is "certified true copy", but can I submit a original copy of it? I can get the English transcript (as mentioned above, with stamp from school) as many as I want, so it is some weird if I make a copy of it and let the school sign and stamp on it as "certified true copy".

Hi zqd9853572002

if you can get the translated copy signed and stamped by your school it would do the job. Just attach it with the original you got from the school and submit both.
regards,

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
I was not sure if this strategy ( educational institution does translation) would work on not. I did some googling and found this thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/translation-from-hindi-to-english.68590/

So it looks like it might work. Wait for other forum members to respond with their experience using same strategy.

If you have funds to spend, then please use services of ATIO certified translator from Canada. It's going to be expensive but will give you piece of mind.

Yes. You can submit original but you might never get it back.

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012

You can Simply get the copy in whichever language the school issues, then translate it in English from any of the translator then simply get it notarised from the notary advocate . It will be valid.

As I have done the same in my Birth certificate, ration card , Matric certificate etc. Which were in the regional language and were accepted by CIC .

Hope this helps .

zqd9853572002

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Hi zqd9853572002

if you can get the translated copy signed and stamped by your school it would do the job. Just attach it with the original you got from the school and submit both.
regards,
true, in fact this is what i wanna do at this moment, one original transcript (not in English) +one English transcript (signed, stamped certified copy), i hope it should work.

zqd9853572002

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
I was not sure if this strategy ( educational institution does translation) would work on not. I did some googling and found this thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/translation-from-hindi-to-english.68590/

So it looks like it might work. Wait for other forum members to respond with their experience using same strategy.

If you have funds to spend, then please use services of ATIO certified translator from Canada. It's going to be expensive but will give you piece of mind.

Yes. You can submit original but you might never get it back.
yes, it is, The translated by certified translator Will be good, I dont know whether my strategy could work, anyway, i Will prepare all of them, and see If my original + School certified translation is not good, i Will submit The original + certified translated transcript. well, exhausted these days in preparing it