+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Proposal to deny" record suspension

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hello. Our application was denied due to crimality. We applied for a record suspension and an appeal. The minister recommended the appeal be allowed on H&C. our appeal was allowed. We submitted our new forms and police check and We're now in background check. We haven't received a decision on the record suspension yet. What happens if it's denied? Will our sponsorship application bedenied as well? Is it true that even after gettingcopr, you can be refused entry upon landing?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Can I enter Canada if I am criminally inadmissible?
Normally you cannot enter or stay in Canada if you are inadmissible. However, there are ways of overcoming your criminal inadmissibility.

If you are inadmissible, you may become admissible again if you:
Yes I understand this, but I was already denied based on the criminality and won my appeal. I'm now in the final stage on the application. The security. I applied for the pardon when I filed for the appeal but the minister made her recommendation without waiting for the decision of the record suspension.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Can I enter Canada if I am criminally inadmissible?
Normally you cannot enter or stay in Canada if you are inadmissible. However, there are ways of overcoming your criminal inadmissibility.

If you are inadmissible, you may become admissible again if you:
The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario on January 16, 2017.
The application was refused on January 19, 2018.
The decision was appealed and the appeal was allowed, therefore the application has been re-opened on September 17, 2018.
The initial assessment to ensure your constituent meets the eligibility criteria and that the application is complete was finalized.
The responsible office reviewed the application and documents submitted and determined that the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements.
o the assessment for the applicant has been finalized at the Canadian visa office in London, United Kingdom.

The medical examination results are on file and valid until October 12, 2019 for your constituent’s spouse.
The criminality verifications are currently valid.
The security verifications are currently in process.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
The responsible office reviewed the application and documents submitted and determined that the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements.

not sure....may take a wait to see approach

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London

not sure....may take a wait to see approach
Have you ever heard of someone getting approved for sponsorship abd then being refused entry when they land?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Are you inadmissible?
Note: If you are unable to resolve your inadmissibility, you may request an exemption on humanitarian and compassionate grounds to overcome the inadmissibility; however such exemptions are given only in exceptional circumstances.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Are you inadmissible?
Note: If you are unable to resolve your inadmissibility, you may request an exemption on humanitarian and compassionate grounds to overcome the inadmissibility; however such exemptions are given only in exceptional circumstances.
So since we were granted the exemption, we should be okay, even if the pardon is refused later? I think you did some research to help answer my question, yes? Thank you so much for going out of your way to help.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Have you ever heard of someone getting approved for sponsorship abd then being refused entry when they land?
This normally only happens if someone's status (criminal, medical or dependant) changes between visa issue and the actual landing.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
This normally only happens if someone's status (criminal, medical or dependant) changes between visa issue and the actual landing.
You dint think they would refuse him entry if the pardon gets refused? Since his criminality was exempt on H&C grounds?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You dint think they would refuse him entry if the pardon gets refused? Since his criminality was exempt on H&C grounds?
His status up to the time of COPR issue would have been the deciding factor in the decision to issue, not what might happen between then and the actual landing. No, I don't think it will be a problem.