+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Status after extension application is submitted (to sign a new lease in BC)

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hi everyone,

My status is valid until August 31st, 2022. I need to move out of my current accommodation because I am graduating (I am on study permit, and my husband is on OWP). We are both Ukrainians and applied to the special measures program.

Our new landlord is requesting to have permits valid for at least a year to sign a lease. We are planning to show our submission confirmation, letter of explanation that we will receive 3 year work permit and applied inland, with our maintained statuses to be valid for as long as we are in Canada (which we will be). We both work full time and have stable income. Is there anything else we can either request or provide to have better grounds on signing a lease?

We could have waited but.. BC market is rising the rent prices real fast

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Until you sort out, couldn't you continue your current accomodation month to month?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Not really, I live in the student dormitory... and I am graduating

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Not really, I live in the student dormitory... and I am graduating
Then you should look for rental NOT for students. May be there are special program or group that helps Ukrainians for housing.
Reach out to those groups and see if you can get help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

My status is valid until August 31st, 2022. I need to move out of my current accommodation because I am graduating (I am on study permit, and my husband is on OWP). We are both Ukrainians and applied to the special measures program.

Our new landlord is requesting to have permits valid for at least a year to sign a lease. We are planning to show our submission confirmation, letter of explanation that we will receive 3 year work permit and applied inland, with our maintained statuses to be valid for as long as we are in Canada (which we will be). We both work full time and have stable income. Is there anything else we can either request or provide to have better grounds on signing a lease?

We could have waited but.. BC market is rising the rent prices real fast
Would provide proof of the WP being provided to Ukrainians. Your landlord may be unaware of the program.