+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of sibling relationship

krishkrish

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Hi,
I applied for pr under CEC, My brother's proof of residency I uploaded 1) Bank statement 2) Canada Driving Licence.
But Yesterday Ircc sends one request letter saying that: Sibling- Residence CDA: Please provide proof of your sibling’s/family member’s residence in Canada, other than a provincial driver’s license, bank statement, or cell phone bill, which confirms their current place of residence.

Please help me what Documents can I submit urgently.

krishkrish

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Hi,

I applied for pr under CEC, My brother's proof of residency I uploaded 1) Bank statement 2) Canada Driving Licence.
But Yesterday Ircc sends one request letter saying that: Sibling- Residence CDA: Please provide proof of your sibling’s/family member’s residence in Canada, other than a provincial driver’s license, bank statement, or cell phone bill, which confirms their current place of residence.

poojamangalam

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Hi,

Hi,

You can provide your siblings utility bill or lease document if they are living at a rented place.

Apoorva_1987

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Sep-2019
IELTS Request
12-Nov-2019
Hello Everyone, Need help.
I am currently in Canada on CWP.
My sister in law (husband’s sister) is a Canada PR holder and we have claimed points for the same. we have received the ITA and are in process of submitting the documents.

However, in my Husband’s passport and his sister’s passport, the father’s name has a letter of spelling change. They do have hand written birth certificates (as it was issued by gram panchayat) with same father name, and also India PAN card that bears same father name
My laser suggested that we will submit a statutory declaration for the spelling change.

please help if anyone has over come such situations before. Also, what is the format of stat declaration and from where do I get it made.

please help !!

ran12jan123

Sep 18, 2021
You are confusing two things.

1. You do not have to claim points for sibling, even if you have a sibling in Canada.
2. You have to declare all immediate family members, irrespective of whether you claim points for them or not.

If your sibling's PR application has not been approved, then you cannot claim points for sibling.
Hello,

How to proceed if you have sibling in Canada but don't want to claim points, do you answer yes to the question "Do you have sibling in canada" and what do upload as documents then when it asks for 3-5 documents? what should I upload there.

your guidance is highly appreciated

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Hello,

How to proceed if you have sibling in Canada but don't want to claim points, do you answer yes to the question "Do you have sibling in canada" and what do upload as documents then when it asks for 3-5 documents? what should I upload there.

your guidance is highly appreciated
you reply yes and then you upload a letter of explanation stating that you are not claiming points for your sibling and that you your CRS score without these points is still above the cut-off for your round of invitations.

Reactions: ran12jan123

ran12jan123

Sep 18, 2021
you reply yes and then you upload a letter of explanation stating that you are not claiming points for your sibling and that you your CRS score without these points is still above the cut-off for your round of invitations.
Just one more query : Should I upload letter of explanation in all of those fields, same letter of explanation will do?

there are many fields such as:
Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling (required)
Proof of residency in Canada of sibling (required)
Proof of sibling relationship (required)
Family Member Proof of Status (required)

same letter could be uploaded in every field?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Just one more query : Should I upload letter of explanation in all of those fields, same letter of explanation will do?

there are many fields such as:
Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling (required)
Proof of residency in Canada of sibling (required)
Proof of sibling relationship (required)
Family Member Proof of Status (required)

same letter could be uploaded in every field?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.
I think it should be fine. Maybe search on forum here what others did in your situation just to be sure.

Reactions: ran12jan123