+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of settlement funds query

SahiSh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Hello Friends

Just need some information on POFs

There is one FD on my spouse name. Now I joined the saving accnt but FD cant b joined befor maturity.
But on request bank agree to give me certificate like below

( my name n my spuse name ) hold a joint saving account in our bank.
And the FD of X amount belong to the joint account
With opening date, balance n maturity jan16

N this cert I will show as POF
So this cert will be fine or need to show any thing more
I thought not to show the actual FD receipt as that hold my spouse name only or I should show that too.
So can someone pls suggest how to proceed

amritbhupinder

May 24, 2010
SahiSh said:
Hello Friends

Just need some information on POFs

There is one FD on my spouse name. Now I joined the saving accnt but FD cant b joined befor maturity.
But on request bank agree to give me certificate like below

( my name n my spuse name ) hold a joint saving account in our bank.
And the FD of X amount belong to the joint account
With opening date, balance n maturity jan16

N this cert I will show as POF
So this cert will be fine or need to show any thing more
I thought not to show the actual FD receipt as that hold my spouse name only or I should show that too.
So can someone pls suggest how to proceed
Settlement Funds
The minimum required amount for your application is based on the size of your family
and outlined in the table below. Your settlement funds must meet the following criteria:
 The minimum amount must be maintained for at least 3 months prior to submitting
your application to the SINP and you are required to maintain these funds
throughout the entire immigration process.
 The account(s) must be in the principal applicant or spouse’s name(s) only.
 Account statements must show detailed transaction history.
 Only provide documents for accounts that maintain the minimum required value,
not documents for all financial assets.
 Only the following funds will be accepted: checking accounts, savings accounts,
GICs, Mutual Funds, RRSPs, TFSAs, term deposits and time deposits

Rao_Canada

Mar 30, 2015
Dear friends kindly help me, I will remain thankful for your help.

One week ago I have sent my documents along with settlement fund info (6 months old bank statement) to PEI, tomorrow I have received an e-mail from PEI " Thank you for the information provided. I am requesting to have your settlement funds updated till the end of November 2015."

Due to my score (350) in Express Entry, I was not much hopeful that I could receive an Invitations to Apply (ITA) in two or three years so it was not a good idea to stuck such a big amount for a long period in bank account. So I have invested the amount in property.

After the received e-mail from PEI regarding updated settlement fund I have sold my property and deposited back the amount into my bank account on 01/12/2015.

Is it acceptable? should I send the three month's bank statement that is showing only a single big transaction other then my monthly salary? Or share any other helpful advice in this regards, please.

An early helpful reply is expected, please.

Best Regards

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Rao_Canada said:
Dear friends kindly help me, I will remain thankful for your help.

One week ago I have sent my documents along with settlement fund info (6 months old bank statement) to PEI, tomorrow I have received an e-mail from PEI " Thank you for the information provided. I am requesting to have your settlement funds updated till the end of November 2015."

Due to my score (350) in Express Entry, I was not much hopeful that I could receive an Invitations to Apply (ITA) in two or three years so it was not a good idea to stuck such a big amount for a long period in bank account. So I have invested the amount in property.

After the received e-mail from PEI regarding updated settlement fund I have sold my property and deposited back the amount into my bank account on 01/12/2015.

Is it acceptable? should I send the three month's bank statement that is showing only a single big transaction other then my monthly salary? Or share any other helpful advice in this regards, please.

An early helpful reply is expected, please.

Best Regards
I don't expect them to accept a 6 month old statement. If you've sold your property and deposited the money in your account, get the bank statement showing the relevant transaction, add the sale deed/receipt and a Letter explaining that the property was sold and money deposited in your account.
Good luck

lores

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

My PF is a fixed deposit . Will it be any problem ?

Thanks in advanced..

Rao_Canada

Mar 30, 2015
One_Topsy said:
I don't expect them to accept a 6 month old statement. If you've sold your property and deposited the money in your account, get the bank statement showing the relevant transaction, add the sale deed/receipt and a Letter explaining that the property was sold and money deposited in your account.
Good luck
Thank you One_Topsy, I am going to follow your advice and I will remain thankful for your kind guidance.

lores

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

My PF is a fixed deposit . Will it be any problem ?

Thanks in advanced..

HRG

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Hello all,
Please confirm if we have to maintain the funds for 3months or more, before applying to SINP or less than 3 months is ok ?
Thanks

olufunso

Aug 14, 2016
Hi,

Does anyone know the amount of settlement fund required for principal applicant and each dependent for SINP OID application? Thanks in anticipation of your response.

Hessen elsherif

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Hi all

my question is about the settlement plan, should i use the " living in canada" tool? i just send my application two days ago and i used another format.
will they reject the application or i may be asked to send the correct form?
please i need your advice